News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

obi110 auto reboot after save speed dial with "#"

Started by xmlisse, March 30, 2012, 12:31:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xmlisse

my obi110 hardware version 3.4 , software version 1.3.0 (build 2690)

When I submit and save the following to my speed dial (I tested on speedDialNumber 10 or 11)
sp1(14439210204#1#862110086#)

the box reboots after I take the phone.

SP1 is for google voice

RonR

Quote from: xmlisse on March 30, 2012, 12:31:28 PM

While the OBi should not reboot (mine does not with your example), you cannot specify chained dialing as you have attempted to do.  The Speed Dial can only be : SP1(14439210204)

Stewart

You can use Pingo's PINpass feature to avoid the need to send your account number and PIN.

Calling cards are rarely a good value -- you can usually get lower latency and better quality, at the same or lower cost, by using a VoIP provider directly from your OBi.  Also, most of those providers do not have any monthly or other surcharges.

Which countries are you calling with Pingo?  Landlines or cellular?  Approximate monthly minutes usage?

xmlisse

Quote from: RonR on March 30, 2012, 02:26:53 PM
Quote from: xmlisse on March 30, 2012, 12:31:28 PM

While the OBi should not reboot (mine does not with your example), you cannot specify chained dialing as you have attempted to do.  The Speed Dial can only be : SP1(14439210204)

Thanks, now my box always reboots when I add and save the speed dial, even I delete the number with "#" in it.
After I add and save the speed dial, about 5s, the power led turns red and then green. Is it the normal operation?

xmlisse

Quote from: Stewart on March 30, 2012, 08:17:26 PM
You can use Pingo's PINpass feature to avoid the need to send your account number and PIN.

Calling cards are rarely a good value -- you can usually get lower latency and better quality, at the same or lower cost, by using a VoIP provider directly from your OBi.  Also, most of those providers do not have any monthly or other surcharges.

Which countries are you calling with Pingo?  Landlines or cellular?  Approximate monthly minutes usage?

Thanks, pingo is not good. and I bought it by a mistake. Rebtel is good.
when dial pingo, it will promots you to input 1 to choose English, then you can dial the number you want to call

RonR

Quote from: xmlisse on April 01, 2012, 06:59:33 AM
Thanks, now my box always reboots when I add and save the speed dial, even I delete the number with "#" in it.
After I add and save the speed dial, about 5s, the power led turns red and then green. Is it the normal operation?

If you're making changes through the OBiTALK Web Portal, the OBi will reboot after any changes have been made.  The OBiTALK Web Portal is simply a remote configurtion facilty.  The OBi has to actually receive the changes and reboot regardless of whether they're made through the portal or directly.

xmlisse

Quote from: RonR on April 01, 2012, 08:08:28 AM
Quote from: xmlisse on April 01, 2012, 06:59:33 AM

If you're making changes through the OBiTALK Web Portal, the OBi will reboot after any changes have been made.  The OBiTALK Web Portal is simply a remote configurtion facilty.  The OBi has to actually receive the changes and reboot regardless of whether they're made through the portal or directly.

Thank you very much. you are right, I configured it under the portal.

I had thought my box has deficiency. Any document mentions about this?