News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi100 outbound calls work, inbounds do not

Started by hydrostarr, March 29, 2012, 08:37:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hydrostarr

My Obi100 (just upgraded to 1.3.0, Build: 2690) had been working well for months (prob ~6+ months).  Love it.

However, just today noticed that inbound calls not working, while outbound calls work just fine.  [Both before and after fw upgrade.]  Suggestions on how to best investigate, debug?

RonR

Do inbound calls show up in the OBi Call History?

Do inbound calls show up in the service provider's Call History?

hydrostarr

Calls do show up in my provider's (Google Voice) log and also concurrently ring 2 other phones (T-Mobile + Verizon cell phones) as expected.

Don't know how to took up Obi call history from http://obitalk.com (though I can log into my Obi account).  Suggestions?

RonR

You can see the OBi Call History by logging into the OBi directly at the IP address returned by dialing ***1 (username/password = admin/admin).

hydrostarr

Got it, thx.  The call history on obi100 seems to be missing several inbound calls, that I've mad mid-day (today) and possibly several others from past.  It -did- register one inbound call today at 03/29/2012  07:45:22  local time (currently 13:38 local).  But none of my test calls since then, all calls which are logging in GV + my GV-connected mobile phones (mentioned above).

I can provide Obi100 logs, etc, if need be.

Thoughts?

RonR

Is the Google Chat forwarding phone enabled on the Google Voice web site?  If so, try disabling it, saving the settings, and then enabling it, saving the settings.

If that doesn't fix it, can you turn the OBi off and log into your Gmail account and receive incoming calls there?

drbubba

I was trying to access my Obi call history with the admin/admin username/password you mentioned but the login box quickly flashes after I enter the info and then returns as if nothing was entered.

Any suggestions on why this is happening?

Stewart

Quote from: drbubba on March 30, 2012, 05:38:02 AM
I was trying to access my Obi call history with the admin/admin username/password you mentioned but the login box quickly flashes after I enter the info and then returns as if nothing was entered.
There is a known issue that causes this on Android, regardless of browser.  There are also some browser security settings that might cause it.

From a Windows, Mac or Linux desktop or laptop, try at least two of: IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, all of which are compatible with the OBi, assuming default settings.

jimates

Quote from: drbubba on March 30, 2012, 05:38:02 AM

Any suggestions on why this is happening?
And if you are entering the wrong credential(s) or have the wrong IP address this will happen.