News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Cell phone calls forwarding to home instead of voicemail

Started by DBJohnston0104, April 04, 2012, 11:33:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DBJohnston0104

So I use GV on my cell phone for voicemail and I have the OBI100 setup as my house phone on the same GV account.  Both work perfectly with the exception of one small detail...  When I miss a call on my cell phone, it forwards to my home phone instead of going to my GV.  In my GV settings, I only have it setup to forward to GTalk which is manditory to make the home phone work.  I'm not sure how to fix this.  Anyone have this issue or any ideas?

Stewart

In Google Voice, go to Settings, Phones tab, click Edit for your mobile, click Show advanced settings, under "When someone calls this phone directly and I don't pick up", click " Go straight to voicemail", click Save.

DBJohnston0104

It's already checked.  I unchecked it, saved and then re-checked it to make sure.  Still ringing to my house.  Do you have this same setup?

Stewart

Quote from: DBJohnston0104 on April 04, 2012, 12:17:20 PMDo you have this same setup?
I did have the same setup (conditional forwarding from AT&T cell phone) and it was working when I left last November, but I'm still at our winter place (Bangkok) and have no way to test this from here, because I can't add a Thai forwarding number to GV.

IMO, there are two possibilities:  Either the call is not being recognized as conditionally forwarded, or "Google Chat" is not being bypassed on such calls.  To test, temporarily turn off forwarding to Google Chat and enable forwarding to another phone (add one if needed).  If a call to your mobile (from a fourth phone) rings the new forwarding phone, the problem is unrelated to the OBi; perhaps you can get some help on the Google forums.

If the test case does go directly to GV voicemail, you could work around the problem by having GV ring the OBi indirectly, via a free (e.g. IPKall) or paid DID with another provider.
If it does go directly to GV voicemail, you could work around the problem by having GV ring your