News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Without PSTN Line

Started by bsdaiwa, April 05, 2012, 04:46:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bsdaiwa

I have my OBi110 setup with a PSTN line as the default and SP1 as CallCentric while SP2 is configured with GV. I have lost my PSTN line due to a storm but I still have a broadband connection. I have tried to place calls through CallCentric and GV by dialing **1 or **2 but I just get dead air.
Do I need to have a working PSTN line to use SP1 and 2 or can I use SP1 and 2 without the line being active. If I can how can I make this work? Do I need to disable the PSTN line and if so how?
Please, help.

RonR

Assuming you have a default PHONE Port DigitMap and OutboundCallRoute, dialing **1 should always route calls to SP1 and dialing **2 should always route calls to SP2.  A working PSTN line connected to the LINE Port is not required.

bsdaiwa

Under Phone this is the DigitMap:
([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

This is the OutboundCallRoute:
{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>|911):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

Are you able to tell me if they are correct, because I can't get SP1 or 2 to work.

Thank you very much for your help.

RonR

Quote from: bsdaiwa on April 05, 2012, 05:34:03 PM
Are you able to tell me if they are correct, because I can't get SP1 or 2 to work.

Those are correct and should allow calling through SP1/SP2 with **1/**2.

Can you reach the echo test by dialing? : **9 222 222 222

If not, you may have an Internet connectivity problem.

bsdaiwa

No, I can't reach the echo test but I can ping other sites and I can run trace routes to google and yahoo.

bsdaiwa

And I can make calls using a Sip app on my android phone using the same home network.

RonR

A totally unconfigured OBi at factory defaults should be able to reach the echo test at **9 222 222 222.

Since you can't, it raises a lot of questions as to whether your OBi has a connection to the Internet.

Can you connect to and log into the OBi at the IP address returned by dialing ***1?

If so, temporarily connect the OBi directly to your modem, bypassing your router.  Power-cycle both the modem and OBi after making the direct connection.  If you can reach the echo test at that point, it indicates an issue with your router.

bsdaiwa

I don't think I can do that because I am in Brasil using a DSL line that requires PPPoE login. I put a second OBi on and using the OBi web site was able to configure SP1 and 2 the same as the first OBi. The second device is right out of the box with no modifications. Results were the same, unable to make calls using SP1 or 2.

RonR

Quote from: bsdaiwa on April 05, 2012, 06:37:35 PM
I don't think I can do that because I am in Brasil using a DSL line that requires PPPoE login.

You are correct.

Quote from: bsdaiwa on April 05, 2012, 06:37:35 PM
I put a second OBi on and using the OBi web site was able to configure SP1 and 2 the same as the first OBi. The second device is right out of the box with no modifications. Results were the same, unable to make calls using SP1 or 2.

When you log into the OBi directly at the IP address returned by dialing ***1, what is the SP1 and SP2 status that's shown on the Main Status page?

bsdaiwa

Ok, I found the issue, it was or is the phone that is the problem. I am using a set of AT&T cordless phones (one device with 4 extensions) that are attached to the OBi. I disconnected the the AT&T phone system and attached a stand alone phone and bingo it worked. So I assume that something in the AT&T's config is causing the issue.
Thanks so much and really sorry to have bothered you but you helped point me in the right direction.

Edit: It was not the phone it was the wiring to the phone, once I replaced the wiring the AT&T phone worked.
Thanks again.