News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Phone does not ring otherwise known as no inbound calls coming from GV to obi

Started by runningout, April 06, 2012, 09:32:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

runningout

So my cell rings which is tied into my GV account but my Obi phone does not ring (also connected in through my GV account). When my cell rings I try and pickup my obi connected phone and I get nothing but a dial tone. I know someone is calling me on my GV number because when I pickup on my cell it asks me if I want to pickup or go to voicemail on whoever is calling ( a whois calling features for GV users). I'm guessing there is a change in Google chat that Obi cannot pickup on anymore but I'm not sure.

z15f

Ya, I have noticed this issue since the last 2 or 3 days too. It seems that rebooting the OBI110 device fixes this for a few hours, but then the problem returns.

runningout

z15f is there a way to reboot the Obi with using dial tone numbers? Also I have tried the the call back number to see if I can even receive call back and Obi seems to be able to call me back fine.

I have a Obi100 but I don't think that makes much a a difference though.

NEW: Just rebooted my Obi100 locally and tested it to see if it would ring on inbound calls but it didn't seem to work.

For anybody wanting to know how to do a Obi call back to see if there phone is working good read below.

Try the following to test the OBi's ability to ring the phone attached to the PHONE Port:

1. Dial **0

2. When prompted, press 3 to enter a callback number

3. Dial 0#

4. When the Auto Attendant says Goodbye, hang up

The Auto Attendant should call the OBi PHONE Port.

RonR

runningout

Quote from: RonR on April 06, 2012, 10:33:54 AM
Quote from: runningout on April 06, 2012, 10:13:58 AM
z15f is there a way to reboot the Obi with using dial tone numbers?

Thank you. I did the dial tone reboot for the Obi and for kicks I decided to call my GV number and my Obi phone rang. What's odd is I did a local reboot (accessing the website through a computer) on the obi and dial my GV number and the obi phone did not ring nor was anything no the line.

So I'm guessing I'll call myself back in a few hours on another phone to my GV number and see if my obi phone will pick up or I might have the same problem like z15f having where he reboots and GV number works but after awhile Obi stops picking up inbound calls from GV for some reason. We will see, I'll note progress above. Hopefully what we have all contributed in this thread helps others as well.