News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

e911 question using callcentric

Started by 0100, April 10, 2012, 09:34:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

If I use callcentric for e911 then:

GV would be on SP1
and callcentric e911 would be on SP2

Is this correct?

I don't have a OBi110 yet, but if I set it up as above, how are SP1 and SP2 calls differentiated?

RonR

Once configured, 911 calls will automatically go to SP2 (Callcentric).

Assuming SP1 (Google Voice) is your PrimaryLine, you can make calls through Callcentric by dialing **2 + number.

Ok so once configured I will be able to just dial 911 and it will go to SP2 callcentric and not **2911?

Thanks!

RonR

Yes.  911 is handled as a special case.

Awesome thanks for your help, will be buying a obi110 through this site.

Thanks!

Everything is working great but have a question.

If I do this: http://michigantelephone.wordpress.com/2012/04/15/how-to-use-the-simon-telephonics-google-voice-gateway-with-an-obihai-device-to-provide-caller-id-name-on-incoming-google-voice-calls/

Will I still be able to just dial 911 and the call with go straight to SP2 callcentric?

Or will I now have to dial **2911?

Thanks!!

RonR

911 support on an OBi110 with Callcentric on SP2 should be configured as follows:

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> OutboundCallRoute:

{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>):li},{911:sp2},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},
{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

911 calls will be automatically routed to SP2 (Callcentric).

MichiganTelephone

Quote from: 0100 on April 30, 2012, 06:12:12 AM
Everything is working great but have a question.

If I do this: http://michigantelephone.wordpress.com/2012/04/15/how-to-use-the-simon-telephonics-google-voice-gateway-with-an-obihai-device-to-provide-caller-id-name-on-incoming-google-voice-calls/

Will I still be able to just dial 911 and the call with go straight to SP2 callcentric?

Or will I now have to dial **2911?

Thanks!!

Note that when you configure service providers, there is a checkbox that says "Use This Service for Emergency 911 Calls" and in the article I tell you "DO NOT CHECK THIS!!!" for the service provider that goes to Simon Telephonics.  But you SHOULD check that box for the service provider associated with CallCentric.  If you do that, you should NOT need to make any manual changes to the OutboundCallRoute (although, if you know how it would not hurt to take a look at it and make sure it's configured properly, just to be on the safe side).
Inactive, no longer posting or responding to messages.  Goodbye and good luck.  Some of my old Obihai-related blog posts have been moved to http://tech.iprock.com - note this in NOT my blog; I have simply given the owner permission to repost some of my old stuff.

JLee

Hi,

This is a description of my Obi 110's Phone OutboundCallRoute "code string" after I set up Callcentric's e911 on its SP2:

{911:sp2},{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>|911):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

Should it work w/ callcentric's 911 calls or do I need to modify the "<#:>l911):li" part suggested in previous posts?

Appreciate your feedback.

jLee