Using "Import Config to OBi Expert" in OBiTalk

Started by larrybob, April 10, 2012, 09:49:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larrybob

Try as i might, I can not get this to work. Has anyone had any success with this?

Larry

RonR

#1
This has been discussed several times in the recent past.  Nobody reported being able to successfully import a saved configuration file into OBi Expert.  I was not able to get it to work either.

ckdash

Quote from: RonR on April 10, 2012, 10:01:38 PM
This has been discussed several times in the recent past.  Nobody reported being able to successfully import a saved configuration file into OBi Expert.  I was not able to get it to work either.

I'm a newbie to this, but I have just exported a config from my Obi110 and imported it to the OBi expert portal without any problems.

RFord

Are your sure?  In order for you to confirm that it is indeed working again, you must first remove the OBi110 from the OBiTALK portal, return the OBi110 to its default status (Reset the device) and then re-add the device to the OBiTALK portal and then import the saved config file and check to see if it was imported.  You can't import the config file to an already configured setup, since you will not be able to discern whether the file was imported or not.


Quote from: ckdash on May 07, 2012, 07:07:52 AM
Quote from: RonR on April 10, 2012, 10:01:38 PM
This has been discussed several times in the recent past.  Nobody reported being able to successfully import a saved configuration file into OBi Expert.  I was not able to get it to work either.

I'm a newbie to this, but I have just exported a config from my Obi110 and imported it to the OBi expert portal without any problems.

ckdash

Quote from: RFord on May 07, 2012, 08:44:46 AM
Are your sure?  In order for you to confirm that it is indeed working again, you must first remove the OBi110 from the OBiTALK portal, return the OBi110 to its default status (Reset the device) and then re-add the device to the OBiTALK portal and then import the saved config file and check to see if it was imported.  You can't import the config file to an already configured setup, since you will not be able to discern whether the file was imported or not.


Quote from: ckdash on May 07, 2012, 07:07:52 AM
Quote from: RonR on April 10, 2012, 10:01:38 PM
This has been discussed several times in the recent past.  Nobody reported being able to successfully import a saved configuration file into OBi Expert.  I was not able to get it to work either.

I'm a newbie to this, but I have just exported a config from my Obi110 and imported it to the OBi expert portal without any problems.
Ah, well I didn't try that  :)
I just did the import configuration.
I'll give it a try if you like. I have the saved configuration so it would be no big deal if it didn't work.

ckdash

It would appear I was talking out of my rear end.
I have just tried again, and whereas it says the import was successful, when I look at the configuration data, it does not match what I uploaded. Apologies.

RFord

Nothing to apologize for.  The same thing happen to me some time ago, so I was hoping OBiHai did fix the problem.  It use to work perfectly and somewhere along the line, OBihai broke it and haven't made any attempts to fix it.  Now you will have to go in and manually configure the data on the OBiTALK Portal if you wish to have the OBiTALK Data sync with the OBi110 device.

Quote from: ckdash on May 07, 2012, 12:15:58 PM
It would appear I was talking out of my rear end.
I have just tried again, and whereas it says the import was successful, when I look at the configuration data, it does not match what I uploaded. Apologies.


RonR

Quote from: RFord on May 07, 2012, 02:00:40 PM
It use to work perfectly and somewhere along the line, OBihai broke it and haven't made any attempts to fix it.

I reconfirmed that OBi Expert Import is still totally broken.  It says it did it, but absolutely nothing is imported.

QBZappy

Quote from: RonR on May 07, 2012, 02:53:14 PM
Quote from: RFord on May 07, 2012, 02:00:40 PM
It use to work perfectly and somewhere along the line, OBihai broke it and haven't made any attempts to fix it.

I reconfirmed that OBi Expert Import is still totally broken.  It says it did it, but absolutely nothing is imported.

Ah that must have felt good saying that. :)

Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.