News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Import config to OBI Expert on obi Web Portal. Please get this feature working!

Started by larrybob, April 10, 2012, 09:53:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larrybob

This is an important feature for those that would like to program multiple boxes the same way.
Please please please get this working.
Does anyone else feel the same way?

jimates

Obihai prefers we use the portal, but let things like this push us the other way.

larrybob

I would like to use the web portal.. How do I update remote boxes? In fact, I must use the Web Portal I now have 26 boxes over seas... !!

Stewart

Quote from: larrybob on May 03, 2012, 04:54:33 PM
I would like to use the web portal.. How do I update remote boxes? In fact, I must use the Web Portal I now have 26 boxes over seas... !!
With that many boxes, I'd ignore Obihai's portal and run my own provisioning server.  That's what every VoIP provider does.  It will give you much more flexibility and be less error prone.  For example, you can have a group of parameters that apply to all your devices, groups that apply to a particular country, and settings specific to each device.  That way, you can alter one setting and everything that needs to be changed will automatically update.  See http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:ptUmsY1dACwJ:www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,26951076+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk .

In addition, I'd arrange for access to the web page of each device, by VPN or via remote desktop to a PC or server in the remote location.