News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi202 available in Amazon

Started by dani, April 12, 2012, 07:36:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Everton

You would think that OBiHAI would have announced the availability of the OBi202 on it own Forum.  The Facebook entries regarding the functions of the USB port is even more bizarre.  Why is the OBiTALK Forum the last place to know about the introduction/availability of a new product and some of its unique functions.  I simply don't get it.......

dani

I read it in other forum, and decided to post it here because didn't see it mentioned anywhere in this forum. Puzzling oversight.

TimDan

Quote from: Everton on April 12, 2012, 08:59:19 AM
...The Facebook entries regarding the functions of the USB port is even more bizarre.....
The only indication last night was that "Coming soon!" was removed from the image of the OBi202 on the Obihai website, while Amazon was saying "Currently out of stock".  For what it's worth, here is the product description that is on Amazon:

"The OBi202 is perfect for customers who do not have a traditional telco phone service and want the savings and simplicity of using a VoIP service for all their calls.
"With its support for 2 independently configurable phone ports, support for Google Voice and many other VoIP providers, the OBi202 provides you with an abundance of control and convenience from the comfort of your home phone(s). The OBi202 is equipped with a 2-port router/bridge with support for integrated quality of service (QoS). The OBi202 may be installed in a variety of environments that either do not have an available Ethernet port and/or locations where upstream voice traffic needs to be prioritized above other types of traffic like web surfing and uploading pictures and movies."

"So Many Features!
- Works with Up to Four (4) VoIP Services: Google Voice and Other VoIP Service Support (SIP)
- T.38 Real Time Fax over IP
- High Quality Voice over IP Technology
- Built-In Router with QoS for VoIP Traffic Prioritization
- USB Port for Use with OBiWiFi Wireless Adapter or Storage Device
- OBiTALK Web Portal: The OBiTALK Web Portal allows you to manage your OBi endpoints and your Circle of Trust."

"The OBiTALK portal helps OBi users configure, add services and manage their OBi devices with ease.
- OBiON: iPhone and Android App Integration
- Call Forwarding on All Calls, Busy Calls, Forward on No Answer
- Caller ID - Name & Number
- Call Waiting
- Call Transfer
- Block by Caller ID
- Automatic Call Back
- Do Not Disturb
- Conference Calling
- Anonymous Calling
- Message Waiting Indication - Visual and Tone Based
- Speed Dialing of 99 OBi Endpoints or Phone Numbers"

*TimDan*

bhasden

Is it just me or is the last phone on the Amazon product page implying that you can connect the OBi202 to a regular phone line like the OB110? According to everything else I see on the product page, it seems as though you can't connect the OBi202 to a PSTN.

OBiSupport

Yes - The PSTN link is a mistake - It's being corrected now.

jimates

4 services with 2 phone ports.

does it have to be 2 services for each port like 2 separate Obi100/110, or can the services be configured to ring either port.

ie 3 services ringing one and one ringing the second. Or 4 services ringing one port and Obitalk service ringing the second.

Make free calls on the OBiTALK Network - Connect to other OBi Devices or use the free OBiON for iPhone and Android applications

Obihai needs to work on the apps too, especially if they want to use them as a selling point.

MichiganTelephone

Quote from: jimates on April 13, 2012, 12:17:12 AM

does it have to be 2 services for each port like 2 separate Obi100/110, or can the services be configured to ring either port.

ie 3 services ringing one and one ringing the second. Or 4 services ringing one port and Obitalk service ringing the second.

Any of the four service providers can be configured to ring either one or both of the phone ports.  You are not restricted to two services per port, as you are in two-port adapters from other manufacturers.
Inactive, no longer posting or responding to messages.  Goodbye and good luck.  Some of my old Obihai-related blog posts have been moved to http://tech.iprock.com - note this in NOT my blog; I have simply given the owner permission to repost some of my old stuff.

RFord

Any idea as to the true thruput rate (Mbs) if the OBi202 is connected directly via the WAN port to a Cable Modem and a computer is connected to the LAN Port?

Quote from: MichiganTelephone on April 13, 2012, 07:04:54 AM
Quote from: jimates on April 13, 2012, 12:17:12 AM

Any of the four service providers can be configured to ring either one or both of the phone ports.  You are not restricted to two services per port, as you are in two-port adapters from other manufacturers.

itsel

Any idea if the Obi202 can be configured with GV to support multi-line hunting, i.e. one GV number rings both FXS ports, in order of availability?

jimates

Quote from: itsel on April 15, 2012, 01:05:44 PM
Any idea if the Obi202 can be configured with GV to support multi-line hunting, i.e. one GV number rings both FXS ports, in order of availability?

At minimal using call forwarding, yes. The same as with 2 separate Obi's.

RonR

The default configuration rings both PHONE Ports on all incoming calls.

RonR

Quote from: RFord on April 13, 2012, 07:41:09 AM
Any idea as to the true thruput rate (Mbs) if the OBi202 is connected directly via the WAN port to a Cable Modem and a computer is connected to the LAN Port?

According to the OBi Device Administration Guide:

The maximum routing throughput between the WAN and the LAN side is approximately 30 Mbps. This speed can be achieved when there are no active calls in the system. Otherwise the throughput will be limited to a slower speed to accommodate the load for voice processing.

babobi

The amazon.com Product Description lists "Caller ID - Name & Number" under "Features"

Does anyone know if this is new? Are we only able to see number and NOT name with Obi 110? Does Google Voice send number AND name now? Any info much appreciated. Thanks!

RonR

Quote from: babobi on April 15, 2012, 08:22:18 PM
The amazon.com Product Description lists "Caller ID - Name & Number" under "Features"

All OBi's support "Caller ID - Name & Number" if the service provider delivers it.

Google Voice does not deliver "Caller ID - Name".  Google Voice delivers only "Caller ID - Number".

itsel

Quote from: RonR on April 15, 2012, 01:26:06 PM

The default configuration rings both PHONE Ports on all incoming calls.

Right, but if one port has already gone off-hook and answered a call, and a second party calls the same GV number, I want it to ring through on the port that's on-hook. not call-wait on the port that in-use or ring to voicemail.   Can the 202 and GV be so configured?

RonR

Quote from: itsel on April 15, 2012, 11:15:17 PM
Right, but if one port has already gone off-hook and answered a call, and a second party calls the same GV number, I want it to ring through on the port that's on-hook.

That's the default behavior.

The phone that's currently in use will get a Call Waiting signal and the phone that's on-hook will ring.

The phone that's currently in use can press the FLASH button to put the existing call on hold and answer the new call.

The phone that's on-hook and ringing can answer the new call.

itsel

Quote from: RonR on April 15, 2012, 11:24:41 PM

The phone that's currently in use will get a Call Waiting signal and the phone that's on-hook will ring.

The phone that's currently in use can press the FLASH button to put the existing call on hold and answer the new call.

The phone that's on-hook and ringing can answer the new call.

And presuming I can and do disable call-waiting on the 202, then would the second caller simply ring to the on-hook phone?

RonR

Quote from: itsel on April 15, 2012, 11:48:05 PM
And presuming I can and do disable call-waiting on the 202, then would the second caller simply ring to the on-hook phone?

Yes.  Call Waiting can be enabled/disabled individually on each PHONE Port:

Physical Interfaces -> Phone Port x -> CallWaitingEnable

where x is 1 or 2.

RonR

itsel,

Here's some additional information about call handling between the two PHONE Ports:

PHONE 1/2 Collaborative Features (OBi202 Only)

While PHONE 1 and PHONE 2 can function independently of each other, the OBi202 also offers some collaborative features to let the two phone ports work together as a mini phone system.

With the factory default digit map and call routing rules, you can dial a single "#" (pound/hash) digit to call from one phone port to ring the other phone port. Depending on the current state of the called phone, one of the following can happen:

1. If the called phone is idle (on-hook), it will ring normally with a special Caller-ID that indicates the call is from the other PHONE Port.

2. If the called phone is already on a call, the calling phone will barge in to join the call

3. If the called phone is on-hook with a call on-hold, the calling phone will pick up and resume that call.

4. If the called phone is ringing, the calling phone will pick up and aswer that call.

5. For all other scenarios, the calling phone will hear busy tone.

Note that you can prevent the calling phone port from doing 2, 3 and 4, as they can be disabled by setting the parameter EnablePhonePortBargeIn to false for that port. In that case, 2 will become normal call-waiting on the called phone, but the calling phone will hear busy tone for 3 and 4.

You can also transfer an external call from PHONE 1 to PHONE 2 the usual way: while connected on an external all, hook flash and dial # to ring the other phone, then hang up to transfer when the caller phone rings or answers.

For incoming calls on any trunk (SP1-4 or OBiTALK Service), one can set up the corresponding inbound call route to ring just PHONE 1 or PHONE 2 or both. The default inbound call routes are setup to ring both phone ports.

For outgoing calls, each phone port has its own digit map and outbound call route configuration, which means that you have the full flexibility in allocating trunks for making calls from each port independently. Each port may also have a different primary line assigned; the default however is to set the prmary line to SP1 for both phone ports.