News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

HELP! I dont understand how to bridge my phone lines

Started by Raki1974, May 11, 2012, 11:37:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raki1974

Thank you all for this wonderful forum!

I will explain my setup and what i would like to do (if possible):

- I am in Dominican Republic
- I have an Obi110, with Google Voice USA number setup and working.
- the Obi110 also has a PSTN Dominical local phone line on the other port

I would like to:

1. Call my local land line (Dominican line thats connected to the Obi110) from a local phone and have the Obi110 answer after "X" amount of rings (lets say 10 rings) and have the Obi Attendant answer the phone so i could dial a USA number through the Google Voice account. (with option #2)

2. When i am in USA i would like to be able to call the Google account USA number from a local USA number to be able to also access the Obi Attendant and if possible access my local PSTN line connected to the Obi110 to make a local phone call without having to pay anything extra.

Im really sorry if i over explained it or was redundant, i just wanted to be as clear as possible to see if i can get a correct answer.

Maybe im expecting too much from the Obi110, but i think it could be possible.

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

RonR

The following will route incoming calls on the LINE Port from CallerID 12341234567 to the Auto Attendant:

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> InboundCallRoute : {12341234567:aa},{ph}

The following will route incoming calls on the SP1 Service from CallerID 12341234567 to the Auto Attendant:

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute : {12341234567:aa},{ph}

Raki1974

RonR, thank you for your prompt response.

Even though i truly appreciate you answering me, i did not understand your answer.

Im really sorry, i do not know how to use or type commands or even where to type those lines. I am totally new without experience in this field.

First: Can you explain if its possible to do The things that i want to do with the Obi110?

Second: Is there a more simple way to explain your answer for a newbie to understand?

Thanks again and i hope this message doesnt bother you.

RonR

Quote from: Raki1974 on May 11, 2012, 12:26:52 PM
First: Can you explain if its possible to do The things that i want to do with the Obi110?

Yes, it is.  The configuration settings I posted were to accomplish your goals.

Quote from: Raki1974 on May 11, 2012, 12:26:52 PM
Second: Is there a more simple way to explain your answer for a newbie to understand?

There's two ways to enter the configuration settings I posted:

A. OBi Expert Configuration (Introduction)

or

B. Directly configure the OBi:

1. Log into the OBi directly at the IP address returned by dialing ***1 (default username/password = admin/admin).

2. Using the navigation tree on the left side of the page, enter the following settings:

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> ITSP Provisioning -> Method : Disabled
System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> OBiTALK Provisioning -> Method : Disabled

The following will route incoming calls on the LINE Port from CallerID 12341234567 to the Auto Attendant:

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> InboundCallRoute : {12341234567:aa},{ph}

The following will route incoming calls on the SP1 Service from CallerID 12341234567 to the Auto Attendant:

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute : {12341234567:aa},{ph}

Click Submit at the bottom of the page before leaving any page you make changes to.  Then click Reboot in the upper right corner after all changes have been made to make the changes effective.

You must use method A or method B exclusively to configure the OBi (you cannot alternate between them).

Raki1974

RonR thanks again for your answers and for guiding me step by step. Now its totally clear.

Im really sorry, but i still have some questions:

1. Since i am configuring a specific phone number on the Caller ID does that mean I am only able to access the Auto Attendant from 1 phone for the Line Port and 1 phone for the SP1??? Cant i configure various phones to access the Auto Attendant on each mode?

2. After I access the Auto Attendant from either Line Port or SP1 when i press option 2 to make a new call how can i specify the system when i want the call to be made either on the Line Port or the SP1?? (is it maybe that if i access the Obi110 through the SP1 it always places the call through the Line Port and viceversa????)

Thanks again RonR you have been very helpful.

Regards,

Joel

RonR

Quote from: Raki1974 on May 11, 2012, 05:40:11 PM
1. Since i am configuring a specific phone number on the Caller ID does that mean I am only able to access the Auto Attendant from 1 phone for the Line Port and 1 phone for the SP1??? Cant i configure various phones to access the Auto Attendant on each mode?

You can specify multiple numbers to be routed to the Auto Attendant:

... -> InboundCallRoute : {(12125551212|14155551212|16815551212):aa},{ph}

or

You can specify that ALL incoming calls be routed to the Auto Attendant:

... -> InboundCallRoute : aa

in which case you will probably want to set one or more PIN's so only authorized callers can use it:

Voice Services -> Auto Attendant -> PIN1 : (must be all digits)

Quote from: Raki1974 on May 11, 2012, 05:40:11 PM
2. After I access the Auto Attendant from either Line Port or SP1 when i press option 2 to make a new call how can i specify the system when i want the call to be made either on the Line Port or the SP1?? (is it maybe that if i access the Obi110 through the SP1 it always places the call through the Line Port and viceversa????)

The Auto Attendant has a PrimaryLine just as the PHONE Port does:

Voice Services -> Auto Attendant -> PrimaryLine

which you can always override using a service route access code (**1/**2/**8/**9 + number).

Raki1974

RonR YOU ARE THE BEST! Thank you so much!

Im sure these explanations will help a lot of other newbies like me setting up their OBi110 for the first time!

Thanks again!

Joel

Raki1974

Hi again, thank you for all your help. Everything is working just like you told me.

I do have one more request:

- How do i make the default line the PSTN line when i pick up to make a regular phone call?

As of now, in order to make a phone call through the PSTN line i have to dial **8 and then the local phone number.

(After that is working: What prefix number would i dial so it goes through SP1? The same **8?)

So in the end i want to keep the auto-attendant default dial line as SP1 (That is already working) and have PSTN line as default when anyone picks up the phone to dial a regular local call.

Thanks again!

RonR

Quote from: Raki1974 on May 17, 2012, 05:10:45 AM
- How do i make the default line the PSTN line when i pick up to make a regular phone call?

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine : PSTN Line

(After that is working: What prefix number would i dial so it goes through SP1? The same **8?)

**1  ->  SP1 Service
**2  ->  SP2 Service
**8  ->  PSTN Line
**9  ->  OBiTALK Service

So in the end i want to keep the auto-attendant default dial line as SP1 (That is already working) and have PSTN line as default when anyone picks up the phone to dial a regular local call.

Voice Services -> Auto Attendant -> PrimaryLine : SP1 Service

Raki1974

Quote- How do i make the default line the PSTN line when i pick up to make a regular phone call?

I went into Expert Configuration and then to Physical Interfaces - Phone - Primary Line, and i found it was already on PSTN Line by default. But the only way i can make a successful call on my local PSTN is if i dial **8. So there is something there that is not right.

Any suggestions?

RonR

Quote from: Raki1974 on May 17, 2012, 09:17:52 AM

Quote- How do i make the default line the PSTN line when i pick up to make a regular phone call?

I went into Expert Configuration and then to Physical Interfaces - Phone - Primary Line, and i found it was already on PSTN Line by default. But the only way i can make a successful call on my local PSTN is if i dial **8. So there is something there that is not right.

Any suggestions?

Is it set to PSTN Line in the OBi itself (the only place that really counts)?  It doesn't matter what the settings in the OBiTALK Web Portal/OBi Expert are if those settings don't make it to the OBi itself.

zerox

RonR, hi and thanks for all your help with this.

I just got an OBI. Is there anyway to make the OBI automatically call a number using the GV on SP1 instead of going to the aa?

So if I install it on my home outside the USA and some friend call my home in my country then the call would be automatically routed to my cell phone in USA using GV? Hope it has sense.

Thank you very much.-

zerox

Quote from: zerox on May 22, 2012, 11:26:10 AM
RonR, hi and thanks for all your help with this.

I just got an OBI. Is there anyway to make the OBI automatically call a number using the GV on SP1 instead of going to the aa?

So if I install it on my home outside the USA and some friend call my home in my country then the call would be automatically routed to my cell phone in USA using GV? Hope it has sense.

Thank you very much.-

Could someone help me with this? Thanks and sorry to bother you.

Stewart

If you just want all calls to your PSTN line to be forwarded and your Primary Line is GV, simply turn on call forwarding by dialing *72, followed by your cell number and #.  Dial *73 to turn forwarding off.  If your Primary Line is not GV, then set CallForwardUnconditionalNumber for the Line port to sp1(12123456789) and turn on CallForwardUnconditionalEnable (where 12123456789 is your US cell phone number).

If you want something more complex, such as only forwarding calls from specific numbers, or having some or all calls ring in both countries, please specify the exact behavior desired.

zerox

Thank you very much Stewart.

If you can I could use the "ring in both countries" option. Yes I have sp1 with GV.

Have a great day.-

Stewart

If you want incoming calls to the Line port to ring on both the Phone port and 12123456789, then set Line Port -> InboundCallRoute to {ph,sp1(12123456789)}

zerox

Great, thank you very much. Again.

Have a great day.-