News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Porting lament, add inbound message, and how do I route long distance to sp1?

Started by refrosted, April 16, 2012, 09:27:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

refrosted

[Following suggestions in http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=2937.0  I was able to get OBiApp for PC (xlite-4)  and the OBiON on my son's  version 2 IpodTouch  to direct dial out on sp1/GV.   Thanks for that!]

Porting issue:  My aim is to get off the landline  but keep the number if I can.  Living in a small town is apparently not good for porting landline to GV, or, as far as I can find so far, not good for porting to any voip or park and forward services.   Ph# 765-563-xxxx      Tmobile, ATT and Sprint  say they  can port it, but GV says it cannot.  I am not sure if that would be the case after a port to Tmobile. Does anyone know?   I've tried many the regular LNP lookup forms on the web that others on this forum have suggested in older posts, to no avail.   

If anyone has worked through a similar porting or park/forward situation, or knows of services that may accept  out of the way phone exchange numbers, I'd appreciate hearing of possible solutions.

??   [...Which brings up a question about if/how  I might add a message for calls to the landline  saying "This number will soon change to xxx-xxx-xxxx, please make a note of it..."?, to run for awhile,  then continue the call? ]

How do I learn about and set the right digitmap and/or callroute  so that when we pick up the phone attached to the OBi110 and dial a regular long distance call: 1+areacode+number or just area code+number if we can , that that call  goes out on SP1 (GV) whereas the calls we know are local, 7-digits -- (some in the 765 ac, and others in adjacent towns in the 219 ac) plus 911.. and the tollfrees, go out over LINE?   

Hmmmm. Since my PSTN is primaryline , everything is going out over it, anyway, so what I'd apparently like is like is  if the call begins with a 1 and is 10 digits, or just the the 10 digits we decide to dial, AND NOT tollfrees THEN send the longds to SP1.

Is there some logic or rules guiding  whether/where digitmaps are defined  and callroutes are modified for the different layers:  Service Providers (ITSPn), Voice Service (SPn..), Physical Interfaces (phone,line)?

Is there an order of  processing for the dialed stream, and/or also any detailed documented coding rules and ~syntax for the digitmaps and callroutes for OBi's?

Perhaps as a sticky?

Thanks.

RonR

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> DigitMap:

([2-9]11S0|[2-9]xxxxxx|18(00|88|77|66|55)xxxxxxx|<1>8(00|88|77|66|55)xxxxxxx|
<**1>(<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxxx|011xx.))

[2-9]11  ->  PSTN Line
      7 digits  ->  PSTN LINE
      Tollfree  ->  PSTN Line
10/11 digits  ->  SP1 Service
         011+  ->  SP1 Service

For additional details, see the OBi Device Administration Guide.

refrosted

Quote from: RonR on April 16, 2012, 09:38:34 AM
Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> DigitMap:

([2-9]11S0|[2-9]xxxxxx|18(00|88|77|66|55)xxxxxxx|<1>8(00|88|77|66|55)xxxxxxx|
<**1>(<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxxx|011xx.))

[2-9]11  ->  PSTN Line
      7 digits  ->  PSTN LINE
      Tollfree  ->  PSTN Line
10/11 digits  ->  SP1 Service
         011+  ->  SP1 Service

Thank you, Ron.

This is my estimate of what is going on.   On the first line,

send the 211 through 911 calls immediately to the LINE (S0 = nodelay(?))
send the 7 digit dials to LINE
send 10 or 11-digit tollfree to the LINE (but strip off or insert the <1>  ??)
and on the second line,
for (long distance with or without a leading 1),  precede those with a **1 to send them to SP1 and if not present, add a preceding 1.

Is that close?    The meaning of <**1> and <1> and the <1> relative locations are not clear to me yet

Setting these matching/control patterns in the digitmap of the Physical LINE makes sense after the fact, but  being a slow learner, I'd still like to read the detailed rules for the symbols and codes.   Is the knowledge written down anywhere is it an oral tradition only?   :)

Anyway, Thanks.  I DO appreciate your help. 

Onward...

RonR

You've pretty much got it.

S0 sets the interdigit timer to 0 if the pattern is matched.  Since [2-9]11 is a unique pattern, there's no need to wait to see if a longer number might be being dialed.

<1> is the equivalent of <:1>, which means add a '1'.
<1:> would match a '1' and remove it.

Google Voice wants 11-digit numbers for US/Canada, so 10-digit numbers get a '1' added.

The OBi uses Service Route Access Codes (**n) as prefixes to specify a trunk other than the PrimaryLine:

**1  ->  SP1 Service
**2  ->  SP2 Service
**8  ->  PSTN Line
**9  ->  OBiTALK Service

Other than posts in this forum, the OBi Device Administration Guide is about all you're going to find for documentation.