News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Using Barge In

Started by RonR, April 16, 2012, 03:55:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RonR

A virtually undocumented feature in the OBi is Barge In.

If a call is placed from one OBi to another and the called OBi's PHONE Port is already in use, the called party will hear a Call Waiting tone.  The called party can choose to ignore the new call or, the current call can be placed on hold and the new call answered by pressing the FLASH button on the phone.

If the calling party first dials *96, however, and waits for a new dialtone before calling another OBi whose PHONE Port may already be in use, the called party will hear a Barge In tone intead, just before the calling party is joined with the current call.

QBZappy

Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

ProfTech

Thanks for the post. I was just wondering this afternoon what that function performed.

luckyspirit7778

A.K.A. the "Mother-In-Law" Feature...   ::)

dircom

so is the barge in tone a "answer my call I'm important" type of signal?
  or does it do anything else?

EastEndPhone

Is there any way to turn this feature off? Imagine if a telemarketer used this option!

MikeHObi

Quote from: EastEndPhone on April 10, 2014, 10:45:46 AM
Is there any way to turn this feature off? Imagine if a telemarketer used this option!

Telemarketer would have to be using an obi, and know your obi's number (not phone number, device number).  The *96 works as an OBI to OBI connection.
Obi202 user & Obi100 using Anveo and Callcentric.

giqcass

To disable do the following.  If you have a 202 each port must be done.  I believe a barge in can also be accomplished from one phone port to the other on the 202.

Physical Interfaces
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>PHONE1 Port
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>EnablePHONEPortBargeIn  = uncheck
Long live our new ObiLords!