News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi202 Caller-id & VM Issue

Started by Mark.P, April 20, 2012, 03:42:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark.P

The Obi202 arrived today;set-up with GV was straight forward, but, I have two small issues:

(1)The Obi202 does not successfully pass the CallerId# to my CallerId unit. I've tried it with two three different CallerId units, they all function correctly with POTS. The third unit,an old Radio Shack stand alone, will read 'Data Error' when attempting to receive the CallerId# pass.  I can see the CallerId#'s, listed complete and correct, in  my GV account and through the -- 'Expert configuration menu' -- 'last 10 calls'.

(2)With my empty Google VM-box I get a studered dial-tone.**
**[This issue has been resolved:I left a VM and deleted it and the regular dial-tone returned.]

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Felix

FWIW, I had the same problem on my OBi110... and several days later it suddenly started working all by itself. I can't correlate it to anything I did.
Hopefully, you will experience similar miracle  :P
Or, if you do something that will fix the problem - I am very curious to learn. Please share!

Mark.P

Felix~The CallerId# passthru suddenly started working for the two telephones with integrated CallerId. I can not correlate it to anything, as I made no changes to the Obi202, the telephone cables, or the telephones/callerId units.  The problem of 'data error' remains with the Radio Shack stand alone CallerId unit.

Felix

Quote from: Mark.P on April 24, 2012, 03:15:39 PM
Felix~The CallerId# passthru suddenly started working for the two telephones with integrated CallerId. I can not correlate it to anything, as I made no changes to the Obi202, the telephone cables, or the telephones/callerId units.  The problem of 'data error' remains with the Radio Shack stand alone CallerId unit.
Toldja... it's a miracle  :o
I don't have stand alone units... don't know how miraculous they are!