News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi100 Network Setup Issues

Started by Gibby, April 18, 2012, 12:09:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gibby

I was able to configure and setup my Obi100 for use with Google Voice by plugging it directly into my laptop (running Windows XP + DHCP server) and use the web interface on the Obi100 to upgrade it to the newest firmware and set a static IP on it for use on my production network.  All is well up to this point.  When I plug the Obi100 into my router, my network essentially stops working.  (anything that is plugged into the router is unable to communicate) ie. my laptop is no longer able to ping the default gateway anymore, and when I unplug the Obi100 from the router, communication is restored within about 5 seconds.

Does anyone have any idea as to what could be causing this issue?  I would love to use my Obi to get in on some free calling, but I am not able to at this point!  I have looked up and down these forums and haven't seen the same issue, so I know it must be something on my end.  Thanks for any suggestions in advance!

Gibby

that was exactly my issue, thank you!