News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi Phone calls but cannot be called (won't ring)

Started by Malachi, April 27, 2012, 07:51:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malachi

I can call fine with the phone connected to Obi (through google voice), but won't ring when called, and after a few rings it'll go to the voicemail.

Google goes to the chat (it's checked)

From what i can see everything is set up right (followed the instructions). Am i missing anything??

Felix

do you see the incoming call in OBi call history? could it be as simple as the ringer on the phone being silent?

Malachi

Please forgive me my n00bness in this, but how/where do I find the call history? Do you mean the GV history?
Oh, and the ringer isn't just silent. If I call the number and pick up the phone, I get a dialtone, so it's not getting the call itself...

RonR

Log into the OBi using the IP address returned by dialing ***1 (default username/password = admin/admin).

To test the OBi's ability to ring your telephone set:

1. Dial **0

2. Press 3

3. Dial 0#

4. Hang up

The Auto Attendant should call you back.

Malachi

I just found out that my google chat setting is set to another email address.. how do I set this straight?

RonR

Quote from: Malachi on April 27, 2012, 11:02:08 AM
I just found out that my google chat setting is set to another email address.. how do I set this straight?

Make an outgoing call from the Gmail account assoiciated with the correct email address.

Malachi

Yeah, I removed the google chat from my voice account, made sure I had only 1 gmail account, went to gmail, did the call there and now the google chat is in my voice account. I also unchecked the forward calls to mobile (had both on)... and tested the whole thing. It now works, thank you very much!