News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi 202 Second Google Voice trunk Registered, not Connected

Started by KenGetz, April 20, 2012, 04:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KenGetz

Hi. Obi 202. Got first GV trunk set up with no hassles. Trying to add a second. It all sets up appropriately, but in the Obi Dashboard, I see SP2 with the correct information, but the status says "Registered", not "Connected". Needless to say, I can't make any calls through this SP. I've tried everything I can think of--removed the SP2 settings, rebooted, etc. Any thoughts? Thanks -- Ken

RonR

Log into the OBi directly (username/password = admin/admin) using the IP address returned by dialing ***1.

Verify the OBi is configured as follows:

Google Voice on SP1:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> Name : Google Voice
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> SignalingProtocol : Google Voice
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> DigitMap:

(<1aaa>[2-9]xxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxxx|011xx.)

where aaa is your local area code.

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_ServProvProfile : A
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> AuthUserName : (Google Voice username)
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> AuthPassword : (Google Voice password)
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_SkipCallScreening : (checked)

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port 1 -> PrimaryLine : SP1 Service

Google Voice on SP3:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile C -> General -> Name : Google Voice
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile C -> General -> SignalingProtocol : Google Voice
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile C -> General -> DigitMap:

(<1aaa>[2-9]xxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxxx|011xx.)

where aaa is your local area code.

Voice Services -> SP3 Service -> X_ServProvProfile : C
Voice Services -> SP3 Service -> AuthUserName : (Google Voice username)
Voice Services -> SP3 Service -> AuthPassword : (Google Voice password)
Voice Services -> SP3 Service -> X_SkipCallScreening : (checked)

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port 2 -> PrimaryLine : SP3 Service

MichiganTelephone

I just tested adding a second GV account on SP2 on my OBi202 and it worked fine.  Are you sure you clicked on the correct selection from the provider list, to add a Google Voice account and not a Generic Service Provider?  Also, did you ever make the one requisite call from the phone icon in the left-hand column of the Gmail web page associated with your second Google Voice account?
Inactive, no longer posting or responding to messages.  Goodbye and good luck.  Some of my old Obihai-related blog posts have been moved to http://tech.iprock.com - note this in NOT my blog; I have simply given the owner permission to repost some of my old stuff.

KenGetz

Thanks, all. I forgot to mention (thinking it didn't matter) that I had set up the Obi202 to work with PBX in a Flash, following their excellent directions, which set up SP2 for me using expert mode.

When I realized that SP2 was in use, I tried setting up a second GV account using ObiTalk online using SP3. But I wonder if having set things manually using expert mode removed my ability to create a new GV trunk on SP3? I have a feeling I need to start over, reset everything, set up both GV trunks, and then go into expert mode to hook up PBX in a Flash. Does that make sense?

Thanks! -- Ken

RonR

I updated Reply #1 above to reflect what you want to end up with for two Google Voice accounts, one on SP1 and the other on SP3.

KenGetz

Looks like it's working now, thanks. Still need to hook up the Asterisk side of things, but I can make a GV call from the phone handset and caller ID indicates the correct GV number when the call arrives. Thanks!