News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBiTALK iPhone app

Started by babobi, April 27, 2012, 11:28:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

babobi

I do not understand what this app is for, nor can I make phone calls from it, always get a busy signal. ??? Is is somehow affiliated with and/or connected to my Obi 110 account and/or Google Voice? Or are they two separate entities on my Obi dashboard? Is there a manual somewhere with instructions on how to just use the Obi iPhone app?  :'( Thanks much from newbie.  :-[

RonR

An OBiON App installed on a smartphone should allow you make and receive calls through your OBi.

An OBiON App communicates with your OBi via the OBiTALK Service.

An OBi/OBiON App configured using the OBiTALK Web Portal will be limited to making calls using the PrimaryLine on your OBi.

Using the configuration described in Single-Stage Dialing Through Any OBi Trunk does not have this limitation.

babobi

Thank you, RonR -- you came through once again! Appreciate it, man!

alex_ncus

NEWBIE.

Have Obi110 with GV as default. So when ever I dial out thru home phone, routes thru GV. Have now added OBION (running both iPad + Android) they are both my devices and won't be using at the sametime, so I should be OK?

• I have my OBION endpoint #1
  • GoogleVoice endpoint #2

OK, so I have finally gotten OBION to dial thru Obi110 to GV using 2*9999999999 and it works great!

Question: how can I make OBION default directly to GV and eliminate *2 prefix from above OBION example?

jimates

If you have
a- google voice selected as the default for outgoing calls on your Obi
b- have the Obi set as the default gateway for your Obion softphone number

all calls from your Obion app should go through google voice via the Obi.

RonR

Quote from: alex_ncus on April 30, 2012, 12:21:22 PM
OK, so I have finally gotten OBION to dial thru Obi110 to GV using 2*9999999999 and it works great!

Question: how can I make OBION default directly to GV and eliminate *2 prefix from above OBION example?

If you used the OBiTALK Web Portal to configure the OBi110, you should be able to simply dial an 11-digit number and have it go out the OBi's PrimaryLine (presumably SP1).

You can also use 7- and 10-digit dialing from the OBiON App if you make the following change:

Voice Services -> OBiTALK Service -> InboundCallRoute : {290123456>(Msp1):sp1},{290123456:aa},{ph}

where 290123456 is the OBiON App OBiTALK number.

Even better, use Single-Stage Dialing Through Any OBi Trunk and you will be able to initate calls using any of the services on your OBi110.

mjstallion

I also am able to dial outgoing numbers with Obium using 2*1234567890, but I get the error busy signal if I try dialing a 10 or 11 digit number without the 2*

The Single Stage dialing thread is WAY too complicated for me BTW... I'd just like to be able to make outgoing calls on Obium without dialing a prefix  :)

jimates

do you have a default gateway set for your obion number?

Dialing 7, 10 or 11 digits directly uses a gateway.
Dialing 2*+number directs the call to the Obi designated in the number 2 speed dial list. That Obi has to have single stage dialing setup on it, with your Obion number in the COT, to take the call from your Obion number.

mjstallion

I don't know if I have a default gateway set.

I looked at the single stage thread, and it's a foreign language to me.  Is there a newb-friendly guide to get this going?

jimates

It is very intimidating, but really not very hard.

from your Obitalk account dashboard, click on the gear icon to the right of your softphone number. From there you can select a default gateway for the app that used the number. The gateway must be a Obi device in your account.

mjstallion

jimates,

I have done that, and that is what enabled me to be able to dial phone numbers with the 2* prefix.

I'm not able to dial phone numbers without the prefix however.

jimates

I don't understand not being able to call numbers with the gateway set.

perhaps you should reset your device and start again. Resetting the device will not change the default gateway setting you have already made so you should be able to call from an app as soon as the device is back online.

PhoungRanson

iPhone is a costly gadget but with dashing look and more applications you can installed. We really love this phone though it's expensive and sensitive. Online dating and dating application is what someone wants to have access into their phones. Apple, the manufacturer of iPhone launches the new application which is the Cupidtino, an app where you can find your lifetime partner. You may need a personal loan to pay for your dates though.

MechWarriorZero

the app is not on the itunes store

drgeoff

Quote from: MechWarriorZero on February 05, 2022, 08:56:33 AM
the app is not on the itunes store
It has not been there for years.  Same for the Android version which stopped working on some version between 4.2.2 where it does work and 7.0 where it does not.  The PC version was also removed from the Downloads area here at obitalk.com. (That does still work, at least up to and including Windows 10, if you can find a copy and figure out how to use it!) There was also a section of the forum dedicated to the three versions.  That and all the posts in it disappeared without warning.  All part of Obihai's downward slide towards oblivion.

Forget the two smartphone versions ever existed and try to find another method of meeting your requirement.