News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How to use Speed Dial?

Started by Derwinator, April 27, 2012, 01:05:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Derwinator

I guess I've just missed something simple here but how do I use the speed dial feature on the Obi100?  I have used ObiTalk to setup a couple of numbers and assigned their IDs.  So, how do I pick up my phone and get it to dial a number by its speed dial ID?

RonR

Simply dial the number of the Speed Dial (1 - 99), optionally followed by a # (which will immediately start the call instead of waiting an additional two seconds to see if you're going to dial a full number).

Derwinator

OK - perfect.  Got it working.  Need to remember to add "1" in front of the 10 digit number in the speed dial list.

Thanks,
Darren

RonR

Quote from: Derwinator on April 27, 2012, 02:33:14 PM
Need to remember to add "1" in front of the 10 digit number in the speed dial list.

If you're entering the number in TK format [i.e. SP2(18005551212)], it should be exactly as the service provider expects it.

If you're not entering the number in TK format [i.e. **28714990], it will be processed through the PHONE Port DigitMap and OutboundCallRoute as if you had dialed it from the phone.

dircom

If I want to dial **3, and then a speed dial such as 10#
ie **3 10# it does not work

can you choose a SP, and speed dial with your phone?

N7AS

Quote from: dircom on June 02, 2014, 06:53:58 AM
If I want to dial **3, and then a speed dial such as 10#
ie **3 10# it does not work

can you choose a SP, and speed dial with your phone?

Since **3 is SP3, just setup speed dial 10 as for example SP3(18005551212) then just dial 10#

Grant N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ
https://www.n7as.com

A journeyman electrician sent his apprentice with a 5-gallon bucket and was told to put the ends of the service drop in the bucket and fill it with volts. He was there all day.

dircom

Not sure what you are saying
I have speed dials set up, and sometimes I want to use different providers
to use a different provider, I have to use **2, **3, **4 etc
after dialing **3 for example, how can I then use the speed dials?

I don't want use same speed dial with a set provider

N7AS

There are 99 speed dial slots available. I would just use separate speed dials for the different providers.
Grant N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ
https://www.n7as.com

A journeyman electrician sent his apprentice with a 5-gallon bucket and was told to put the ends of the service drop in the bucket and fill it with volts. He was there all day.

dircom

are you saying set up

or what?

back to the original question, can you use star codes ie **2, **3, and speed dials together?

ianobi

The speed dials are a "lookup list" based on the first two digits the Phone Port receives. In this case "*" counts as a digit. If digits are dialled in the range of 1 through 99 and no further digits are dialled then the Phone Port sees that as a speed dial. As soon as you dial the first "*" or the third normal digit, then the OBi knows it is not going to be a speed dial and processes the number using the Phone Port DigitMap instead. This means you cannot dial **3 followed by a speed dial.

If there are only a few numbers you wish to treat this way, then you could set up a User Defined DigitMap which would match say **210#, **310# and **410# all to the same number and route them correctly. I'm guessing this would have to very important to you before you go to those lengths!

dircom

I got temporarily bumped out of my Vestalink unlimited plan for alleged business use.
(My mom got a pacemaker, and I made a lot of calls)
GV is still working so I just started to make some of the calls using them, as well as having a couple of inbound callers use my IPcomms, CC, or GV #'s

I will just use a speed dial slot to dial **3 xxx-xxx-xxxx for a couple of frequently dialed numbers

thanks ianobi