News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can't add device

Started by Bean, September 17, 2012, 08:17:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bean

Sorry about the long story, but my OBi100 was working fine until I changed from a failed Asus router to my old Linksys WRT-320N router. My OBi status was offline and I tried a lot of different stuff to reconnect and nothing worked. Long story short, OBihai support sent me another device. After deleting my old device, I did everything according to instructions and here's where I'm at:

Connect device to internet, phone and router & everything seems ok
Go to OBitalk and try to add device according to instructions
Server connection times out
Dial **9 222 222 222 and echo test works fine
Try again with same results
Type my ***0 ip address into web browser and get OBi url (not sure what to do when I get there so I back out.
Contact support and give them all the details (several times) and they keep asking me to do the same things I've already done
I keep asking them to please call me and maybe we can fix it over the phone but get no response so I'm still waiting to get this resolved.

By the way, everything was working fine before my Asus router quit.  I had my Linksys hooked up before the Asus and it worked ok with that. Any ideas would be appreciated.

QBZappy

Bean,
First thing to try, disable sip ALG on the router if it has this setting.

Second would be to connect it directly to the modem, in order to remove the router as a source of the problem.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.