News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

After delete-device on OBiTalk and factory reset on 202 OBiTalk backs off

Started by JohnBowler, June 17, 2012, 05:36:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnBowler

I ended up factory resetting my 202 after OBiTalk and the device seemed to have got out of sync.  In essence I re-did the whole configuration from scratch.  Fine, but now the OBiTalk service (**9) has lost a magic password and can't register (it ends up saying "Backing Off" after successfully aquiring a TCP connection and going to "Registering") and www.obitalk.com can't do "expert configuration".

I've done a "revert to OBiTalk" on www.obitalk.com, it didn't error out but I suspect it did nothing.  I had to use the LAN address to reset my configuration because the 202 is the router to the internet (so nothing works until I've got the basic WAN configuration in.)

OBiTalk says the 202 is "offline" (amber person icon, not green) and the OBiTalk number doesn't work, yet I've managed to set up all my GV services from OBiTalk.

There's *nothing* in the documentation about "backing off" from the OBiTalk service (**9), but then the documentation seems to be generally lacking (e.g. no documentation of option 27...)

Oh well, this is the support forum, but I guess OBiHai is out of the support business because none of my other questions have got a response.

Anyone know where the OBiTalk password is (it's not the "authorized user", I've got that set to my www.obitalk.com user/pass.)

JohnBowler

I'll have to answer my own question:

It was OBiHai; the OBiTalk server was out of action for some considerable time yesterday and while I initially suspected the reset had removed some information (not that this would have made it my fault) I later discovered that the whole darned system was out of commission.

cork2win

Oh Wow.  While I'm glad that's all the problem was, I feel your pain because I've had things like that happen to me so many times!  It's so frustrating trying to figure out what YOU did wrong only to find out it was totally out of your control.