News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Call Waiting not working right since last Firmware Update

Started by awriter, April 30, 2012, 06:05:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

awriter

This is a strange one.  Ever since the last firmware update, call waiting is not working properly. Yes, I get 'buzzed' when I have a second call come in and I'm already talking with someone -- and yes, their phone number is displayed. I can also press 'flash' to transfer to that second call.

But ... once I do that, the first person is disconnected. That has never happened before. I'd see the Call Waiting flash, I'd ask the first person to 'hold on a sec while I get this' -- I'd hit flash and be transferred to the second caller, say 'I'm on a call but will call you back in five minutes' -- hit flash again and go back to my first call.

Now, I'm met with silence, time and time again, and I have to call my first person back. Whereupon they ask me why I hung up on them!

Everything thing else is fine -- I'm using GV for Sip 1 and Sip 2 -- but this call waiting thing is driving me crazy. Can anyone help? Suggest what has suddenly gone wrong when it's worked just fine for years? Suggest, maybe, a way to restore it? [Rebooting has not helped]

Thanks!

Lisa

RonR

Is the first call being lost immediately after using the FLASH button to put the call on hold?  If so, you might try increasing:

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> HookFlashTimeMax

to see if your telephone set is going on-hook a little too long and the OBi interpreting it as a hang-up rather than a flash.

awriter

RonR asked:

> Is the first call being lost immediately after using the FLASH button to put the call on hold?

Seems to be, yes.

> Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> HookFlashTimeMax

Where do I find that, Ron? How do I change it? And why would it have worked just fine until the upgrade, but stopped working then?

Thanks!

Lisa

RonR

Your phone might have been right under the limit on the older firmware.  The timing in the new firmware could be slightly different.

If you use the OBiTALK Web Portal, see OBi Expert Configuration (Introduction).

Otherwise (or if the required setting does not exist there):

Log into the OBi using the IP address returned by dialing ***1 (default username/password = admin/admin).

Use the navigation pane on the left side of the screen to navigate to and set:

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> ITSP Provisioning -> Method : Disabled
System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> OBiTALK Provisioning -> Method : Disabled

Click the Submit button at the bottom of the page before leaving the page.

Then go to:

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> HookFlashTimeMax

Increase the value slowly to see if it helps.  Click the Submit button at the bottom of the page after making a change and then click the Reboot button in the upper right corner to make the change effective.

awriter

Rob, thanks for the help. I did all you suggested, and turned PHONE Port -> HookFlashTimeMax up to 950 from 900. But then on that page I noticed that while Calling Features > Call Waiting Enable was checked on the left-hand side under "Value" -- it was not checked in the Default column. I checked it and rebooted again.

Could that have been the problem?

Again, thank you.

Lisa

RonR

If Call Waiting is checked, it's enabled.  It doesn't matter whether it's checked manually or as a result of Default being checked.

Did increasing HookFlashTimeMax fix the problem?

awriter

> Did increasing HookFlashTimeMax fix the problem?

LOL -- I need to wait until two people call me at the same time.

Lisa

Stewart

Quote from: awriter on May 01, 2012, 07:09:15 AMI need to wait until two people call me at the same time.
For testing, the first call can be outgoing (to an automated system, if you don't want to talk to anyone) and the second can be e.g. you calling in from your cell phone.

awriter

It appears to have worked! Thank you so much for your help, it's really appreciated.

Lisa