News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Configuring the OBi directly: How to make primary number

Started by Jogi, May 13, 2012, 10:20:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jogi

Hello Experts,

I am configuring the OBi directly. Using Fongo VOIP in Canada with Obi110

There are three things I need help with:

1) I can't hear the ring going while making a call using the 'two stage  dialling' with AA on sp2. However, the receiver hears the ring, and I start hearing only when the receiver accepts the call.

2) Primary number: I have to prefix **1 to dial through my sp1. I want to be able to dial 10 digit number without the prefix.

3) Can I be able to dial 7 digit number (without the area code).

In case you want to know:

ITSP profile x>General>Digit Map>(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

Phone port>digit map>([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9]
[0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**3(Mvg3)|**4(Mvg4)|**6(Mvg6)|**7(Mvg7)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

Phone Port>OutboundCallRoute>{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>|911):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**3:>(Mvg3)):vg3},{(<**4:>(Mvg4)):vg4}, {(<**6:>(Mvg6)):vg6},{(<**7:>(Mvg7)):vg7},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

Not using the Line Port.

Please help
[/list][/list]

RonR

Quote from: Jogi on May 13, 2012, 10:20:39 PM
1) I can't hear the ring going while making a call using the 'two stage  dialling' with AA on sp2. However, the receiver hears the ring, and I start hearing only when the receiver accepts the call.

Please provide more info.  Where is the call to the Auto Attendant originating from?  Who is the service provider on SP2?  Can the problem be reproduced calling from the PHONE Port using SP2?  Etc.

2) Primary number: I have to prefix **1 to dial through my sp1. I want to be able to dial 10 digit number without the prefix.

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine : SP1 Service

3) Can I be able to dial 7 digit number (without the area code).

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile x -> General -> DigitMap:

(<1aaa>[2-9]xxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxxx|011xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.'@'@@.)

where aaa is your local area code.

Jogi

I use Fongo (FreePhoneLine) in sp2 too. The problem occurs exclusively with aa, and not while calling from the PHONE Port using SP2. It occurs when I dial sp2 number from my cell, and transfer the call to other numbers using the aa. The receiver of the caller hears it ringing , but I don't hear a single ring going. But I start hearing as soon as the receiver of the call responds, and says hello.

Thanks for the codes for 'primary number' and the '7 digit calling'.

RonR

Quote from: Jogi on May 14, 2012, 09:10:17 AM
The problem occurs exclusively with aa, and not while calling from the PHONE Port using SP2. It occurs when I dial sp2 number from my cell, and transfer the call to other numbers using the aa. The receiver of the caller hears it ringing , but I don't hear a single ring going. But I start hearing as soon as the receiver of the call responds, and says hello.

I suspect this is a SIP protocol issue and may not be a matter of simply changing some setting in the OBi.

I think your best bet is to have Obihai investigate the issue and try to find a solution for you.