News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Since 5/8/2012 night, GV stop working

Started by jjw1368, May 09, 2012, 03:49:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nang

I have same problem. I have submitted support ticket, all please do the same.

A_Friend

Same thing here.  Tried the same things as most of the rest of you.  Genned new device-specific password.  Turned off two-step verification.  Checked I could initiate calls from the website using my callcentric account on SP2 as the initiating endpoint.  Rebooted EVERYTHING.  I'm starting to wonder if it's a DNS issue.

By the way, you might also want to consider posting this on the Google Voice forum.  I did, at: http://groups.google.com/a/googleproductforums.com/forum/#!category-topic/voice/making-and-receiving-calls/SGrKe9UVyLI

atlr

Chilaquil

I am experiencing the same issue. I tried deleting the entry and adding again but to no avail.

OBiSupport

Obihai are aware of this issue and are working on it now.
At this time, there is no need to make any changes to your device's configuration settings.

lalique

Same thing is happening to our account. No connection to GV this morning. Plus, all the Obi web pages load very slowly. And, no reply from my service request. Anyone actually hear from Obi yet?

RBBrittain

Quote from: lalique on May 09, 2012, 06:45:27 AM
Same thing is happening to our account. No connection to GV this morning. Plus, all the Obi web pages load very slowly. And, no reply from my service request. Anyone actually hear from Obi yet?
Uh, did you try reading the post before you?  OBi is aware of the problem and is working on it.

michiganusa

Quote from: OBiSupport on May 09, 2012, 06:18:12 AM
Obihai are aware of this issue and are working on it now.
At this time, there is no need to make any changes to your device's configuration settings.

Thanks for the update!
Please report back when OBI has a fix!

Rick

Since GV is working fine (I can forward calls to my cell), clearly this is a GV / OBi problem.  And a big one.  At about the 12 hour point of having no service, and until I had some issues this morning I had no idea I had issues.  Then I came to the forum and saw this.

One would have hoped that OBi was aware of this last night, and they've been working on it since then, with a full team, versus having just started working on it this morning.  I don't know which is the case, but hopefully they are 12 hours into the problem at this point and close to a solution.

This is really concerning as far as the reliability of OBi.

RBBrittain

I see the OBiTALK portal has been taken down; users tinkering with their GV connections were probably why this site was having problems staying up, as both the portal and this forum are on the same server.  (Perhaps use different servers in the future?)  However, taking down the portal is keeping me from trying one promising workaround:  the Simon Telephonics GV gateway (instructions at https://michigantelephone.wordpress.com/2012/04/15/how-to-use-the-simon-telephonics-google-voice-gateway-with-an-obihai-device-to-provide-caller-id-name-on-incoming-google-voice-calls/).

That gateway had NO problems logging into GV this morning to give me my credentials (which I have saved), so it MIGHT work.  However, since I can't get into the OBiTALK portal to redirect my OBi100 to the gateway, it seems the only way I can get around this is to use my OBi100's own web interface (dial ***1 for IP address), disable auto-provisioning (to keep OBiTALK from overriding it for now), and configure it manually.  If this is going to be a lengthy outage (for both OBiTALK and the OBi/GV interface), how can I manually reconfigure the OBi100 to use the Simon GV gateway instead of GV directly?

Also, the boilerplate graphic on the OBiTALK "site down" page says "OBiTALK Calls are On-Line".  Though that might be true of non-GV users, it is certainly *NOT* true for GV users.  Is there any way to at least modify that page to tell the WHOLE truth?

Reuven

The main page of the Obi site now says " OBITALK portal is down for maintenance and will be back on-line shortly. OBITALK calls are ON-LINE"

Rick

I hope this isn't a case where GV blocked OBi once they realized how their service was being used.  One assumes that OBi and Google have a close relationship, that Google is well aware of the OBi device and its usage and that they work cooperatively together. 

Rick

A firmware update was JUST posted minutes ago.  I'm going to try it.

fernhill208

Same problem here..I am getting a 'there is no service available to complete this call' message since this morning. Glad I found this forum thread, I was going nuts trying to figure out what is going on. I cannot connect to the obi portal since its down for maintenance!!

colorich

The apparent silence from Obihai regarding this problem is what concerns me the most. They could at least make periodic status announcements, considering their GV link has already been down since last night.

Rick

New firmware (2711) has been posted AND it resolves the issue.

Go here: http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=9.0

download the file, and apply it per OBi's update instructions.  

Or, you can pick up the attached phone and dial ***6 to update your OBi

pedro

FW update 2711 fixed Google Voice on all of my OBi110 units.

RBBrittain

Quote from: Rick on May 09, 2012, 08:11:28 AM
New firmware (2711) has been posted AND it resolves the issue.

Go here: http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=9.0

download the file, and apply it per OBi's update instructions.  

Or, you can pick up the attached phone and dial ***6 to update your OBi
+1.  Used ***6 method to update firmware; calls now go thru both ways.  Thanks!

May still try the Simon gateway later; I'd been considering it to add incoming Caller ID Name data.  And forwarding GV to my cellphone worked throughout the outage, so that's important in case this ever happens again.

OBiSupport

There is a new software update available that should fix the issue.

Please dial ***6 from the attached phone to update your OBi.

There is no need to make any changes to your device's configuration settings.

dhobi

Is Google starting to play the cat & mouse game with the OBI users like AOL and Yahoo used to do at some point with 3rd party IM clients (Trillian for example) that reverse engineered their chat protocols?