News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

using OBI to design call center?

Started by chakib, May 10, 2012, 03:06:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chakib

Any idea for design one call center by OBI device?

my purpose is llike this.

i have 5 friends,and each has one OBI110,every OBI110 connect to the internet(by ADSL),most them attached to PSTN line as well.

when incoming call arrive one primary OBI110 box (through PSTN or SIP phone),the call will  pass to other 4 memember OBI110 or if no idle memember OBI110,this primary OBI110 box will response.
my question are:
1:is it possible to do so?do i need use like FreePBX to manage?it it can,how does it work?
2:because caller only call one PSTN number, but there is only one PSTN port on primary OBI110,what can i do to avoid to answer more than one incoming call in the same time?

thank you very much.

QBZappy

chakib,

1) Without going into specifics, you can "fork" your calls to various endpoints (OBi units, OBiAPP, SIP, PSTN). This should keep it simple without a full PBX installation

2) I'm not certain what you want here. Can you explain more.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

RonR

Quote from: chakib on May 10, 2012, 03:06:33 AM
i have 5 friends,and each has one OBI110,every OBI110 connect to the internet(by ADSL),most them attached to PSTN line as well.

when incoming call arrive one primary OBI110 box (through PSTN or SIP phone),the call will  pass to other 4 memember OBI110 or if no idle memember OBI110,this primary OBI110 box will response.
my question are:
1:is it possible to do so?do i need use like FreePBX to manage?it it can,how does it work?
2:because caller only call one PSTN number, but there is only one PSTN port on primary OBI110,what can i do to avoid to answer more than one incoming call in the same time?

For an incoming call on any trunk (SP1 Service, SP2 Service, OBiTALK Service, LINE POrt), an OBi can simultaneously ring a maximum of four destinations (if the local PHONE Port is included, it counts as one of the four).

If a second caller calls your PSTN number and there is already a call in progress, the second caller will get a busy if your PSTN line does not have Call Waiting or it is disabled.

chakib

Thank you very much,QBZappy and RonR.both of you are very kind and patient to answer the new user questions.

yes,i got the answer from your reply.but still another one,is there any software like Asterisk or freePBX to manage different location(remotely) OBI boxes,as it shows like a private OBI netwok?

QBZappy

chakib,

There is a new OBiPLUS service coming out soon. It works with the OBi units. It sounds like it might be what you need. ShermanOBi might be able to explain better since at the moment there is no information publicly available.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.