News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Appropriate OBi Device for Two User Household

Started by ferricoxide, May 12, 2012, 09:33:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ferricoxide

I bought an OBi100 to try things out. Right now, I've got GV set up for my outbound dialing and CallCentric/IPKall/GV configured for (free) inbound dialing to my OBi device. All is working out well and good, for the most part.

I really like the fact that I can set up my device to call out using my GV number. That way, my friends and co-workers only need to know one number but can reach me at my home line, my cell or my work desk. However, I don't live alone. I'd like my wife to have the same functionality, and, more importantly, I'd like her to be able to pick up the house line and dial out with her GV number rather than mine.

Is there an OBi device that would allow us to dial a *-code (or something) to select the particular GV number to dial out with? And, is there a device that would allow us to each register an OBi userid to the device (so that we don't have to share login credentials on the OBION Android apps)?

If I have to change OBi devices, I'll probably give my current 100 device to my mom and set her up with the same service combo to get her the free inbound and outbound calling I have.

RonR

An OBi202 is basically two OBi100's in a single box, allowing it to accomodate up to four Google Voice and/or SIP accounts.

ferricoxide

I saw that it supported four SPs, but, I didn't see that it allowed two OBi accounts to register it or use any kind star-code to select which of two GV numbers to dial out as. I know there's digitmap-fu,but, if you're calling common friends, those mappings don't really allow you to selectively call as GV #A or as GV #B?

RonR

With four accounts (just as with two), there is a PrimaryLine that is the default for outgoing calls.  To select a different provider, simply prefix the dialed number with a service route access code (**1/**2/**3/**4/**8/**9).

ferricoxide

Ah, cool. I'd thought the mapping things were simply for automapping exchanges to services. Thanks!