News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

CallerID not working with Panasonic phone

Started by Someone777, May 13, 2012, 07:47:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Someone777

We have a set of wireless Panasonic KX-TGA101S phones that we use primarily.  CallerID works when directly connected to our PSTN line but it does not work at all with the OBi 110.  We have an AT&T phone that the CallerID works with.  So, it's obviously some kind of compatibility issue between the 110 and the Panasonic phones, specifically.

Anyone know how to fix this?  I'd rather not replace all of our Panasonic phones just to get it work with the 110 since this seems like a software/configuration issue.

I already tried the support form and it's been several days with no reply.  CallerID not working on the Panasonic phones is a deal breaker and I'm ready to RMA it, if this can't be fixed.  However, it really seems like something that should be easy to fix.

Uncle_Wiggley

Quote from: Someone777 on May 13, 2012, 07:47:48 AM
We have a set of wireless Panasonic KX-TGA101S phones that we use primarily.  CallerID works when directly connected to our PSTN line but it does not work at all with the OBi 110.  We have an AT&T phone that the CallerID works with.  So, it's obviously some kind of compatibility issue between the 110 and the Panasonic phones, specifically.

Anyone know how to fix this?  I'd rather not replace all of our Panasonic phones just to get it work with the 110 since this seems like a software/configuration issue.

I already tried the support form and it's been several days with no reply.  CallerID not working on the Panasonic phones is a deal breaker and I'm ready to RMA it, if this can't be fixed.  However, it really seems like something that should be easy to fix.

Having the same problem with Panasonic wireless phones.

The Obi 110 doesn't seem to see the caller id info though. When I look at the call history, I don't see any caller id information.

Also have create a support ticket and emailed support with no response.

Uncle_Wiggley

Also, I have noticed something a little strange.

When I look at the call history, no caller id info is present for the last incoming call on the LINE port, but the LINE port status has the correct caller id info listed under LastCallerInfo.

So that indicates that it has been decoded correctly somewhere along the line inside the Obi.

Someone777

Seems like you've got a bigger problem than I do with it.  CallerID works fine in every instance except for when it comes to showing up on the Panasonic phones.  This doesn't make any sense though since the phones work fine connected directly to the phone line.

prospero

Google voice does not supply caller-ID name service. They only supply the number.

Why, is unknown. It would seem simple to supply both if you're supplying one, but Google is very bad about answering questions.

One thing that you might try is to enter the names and numbers of your frequent callers into your phone's memory/director/what-have-you.  For some phones, the number will be matched and the directory identity will be shown/spoken.  This works with some AT&T phones, at least, and may be what you are actually seeing.

Ostracus

Quote from: prospero on May 15, 2012, 07:03:00 PM

Why, is unknown. It would seem simple to supply both if you're supplying one, but Google is very bad about answering questions.

Why is because it would cost Google money to access the relevant databases. Something that doesn't fit in with a free service.

bamaboy

Same here as indicated by a prior poster.  I have Panasonic KX-TG4053B set of cordless phones attached to the Obi110.  The Obi110 will relay the number as it should, but not the name (as it should not using Google Voice), using sp1 and sp2 on the phone port.  Cumbersome, but it works well by manually inputting the frequent callers name/number into the handset itself, then it will announce via all cordless handsets both name and number as desired.  Guess its just one of those things that will be introduced eventually when Google gets around to it.   

Someone777

Quote from: prospero on May 15, 2012, 07:03:00 PM
Google voice does not supply caller-ID name service. They only supply the number.

This has absolutely nothing to do with my problem.

The OBi110 does not pass any CallerID.  It doesn't pass the name or number from my Centurylink line and it doesn't pass the number from Google Voice.  It passes absolutely no CallerID data at all to the Panasonic phones.

RonR

Someone777,

Have you logged into the OBi directly at the IP address returned by dialing ***1 (default username/password = admin/admin) and verified the following settings?:

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> CallerIDMethod : FSK(Bell 202)
Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> CallerIDTrigger : After First Ring
Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> CallerIDEnable : (checked)

Someone777

Yeah, those are the settings I have.

For what it is worth, the CallerID does pass correctly to the one AT&T phone.  However, that does me no good since we almost never use it.  The Panasonic phones pick up CallerID with no problem when directly connected to phone line.  I can only guess that the way the OBi110 sends out CallerID data is not compatible with the Panasonic phones.  I have no idea how to fix that though.  You'd think the 110 could just pass along the data without changing it but that doesn't seem to work.

QBZappy

Someone777,

If that is the case, OBihai has fixed similar issue several times with in the past with firmware fixes. I would send them an email with a reference to your post.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

VOIPisGreat

I use Panasonic cordless phone (a different model from yours tho), and have no problem seeing callerID from obi

lhm.

"I use Panasonic cordless phone (a different model from yours tho), and have no problem seeing callerID from obi"

Same here.

Someone777

Quote from: QBZappy on May 17, 2012, 08:00:18 AM
Someone777,

If that is the case, OBihai has fixed similar issue several times with in the past with firmware fixes. I would send them an email with a reference to your post.
I suppose I could try emailing them a 3rd time.  Maybe, I'll actually get a reply this time.

I have no idea why these specific phones don't work with it.  If it weren't for the fact they work perfectly fine connected directly to the phone line, I probably would have replaced the phones.  However, they do work and I'm not about to waste at least $100 replacing working phones.

Someone777

I've been kind of busy but an update on what has happened.  I did get a reply on my 3rd attempt to contact support which basically said to try out various CallerID Method and Trigger settings, none of which worked.  I replied the same day saying that I had tried it and that it didn't work and never got a reply.  What is with their unresponsive support?  If they bothered to reply I probably could have had this fixed the first day I had a problem.

singho

I had the same problem with 2 line Panasonic.

PSTN on line 1.

OBI on Line 2.

No caller ID on Line 2.

Now if I swap OBI to Line 1, I see CallerID on Panasonic Phone.

Pete

I know this post is old, but I have the exact same phone and the exact same thing happening with the CallerID. CallerID works when connecting the landline directly to the phone. I tried increasing the ring delay to 6000, tried different CallerID Methods and Triggers.