News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Help needed for Incoming Call route

Started by JoeSchmoe007, September 19, 2012, 05:43:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeSchmoe007

I am trying to prevent calls from scammers that try to access my OBI directly via IP:PORT bypassing my service provider.

If my  number via service provider is 12125551212 I would imagine Incoming call route

{(>12125551212):ph2}

would ring ph2 if my number is called and all other calls will be dropped.

What happens is that all my calls are dropped.

What am I doing wrong?

ianobi

The format is:

{(12125551212):ph2}

This is very specific. Only calls with Caller ID 12125551212 will ring the phone. Does every call incoming from that service provider show a Peer Number of 12125551212 in OBi Call History? If so, then this will work fine for you.

Edit: In this simple case parenthesis are not required (I don't think they do any harm), so this should work:

{12125551212:ph2}

JoeSchmoe007

Quote from: ianobi on September 20, 2012, 05:31:14 AM
The format is:

{(12125551212):ph2}

This is very specific. Only calls with Caller ID 12125551212 will ring the phone. Does every call incoming from that service provider show a Peer Number of 12125551212 in OBi Call History? If so, then this will work fine for you.

Edit: In this simple case parenthesis are not required (I don't think they do any harm), so this should work:

{12125551212:ph2}

You misunderstood me. I want it the other way around. My number is 12125551212. If they call anything but this number (as would be the case with scammers because they have no way of knowing my phone number) I want call to be dropped.

ianobi

Ok, I now see what you are asking  :)  You are referring to the format:

Caller > callee

I would be happy for anyone to jump in here with an opinion, but I do not think that your number (as the called party) can be the callee. The format is intended to direct calls out on other trunks like so:

{>(1xxxxxxxxxx):sp1}

This would mean any calls matching 1xxxxxxxxxx incoming from any caller, would be sent out on sp1.

In another thread on scammers, I suggested an InboundCallRoute of:

{(?|x|xx|xxx|xxxx|xxxxx|xxxxxx|un@@.|anon@@.):},{ph}

This will ban calls with no Peer Number, any Peer Number less than seven digits, Peer Number "unknown" and Peer Number "anonymous".

It is more tedious to have to list the banned numbers, but I think it may be the only way. My suggested route was to suit my set up as I need to allow seven digit numbers. You may be able to modify it to your needs. Start by looking in Call History to see what the nuisance calls show up as in Peer Number.

JoeSchmoe007

Quote from: ianobi on September 20, 2012, 07:02:12 AM
Ok, I now see what you are asking  :)  You are referring to the format:

Caller > callee

I would be happy for anyone to jump in here with an opinion, but I do not think that your number (as the called party) can be the callee. The format is intended to direct calls out on other trunks like so:

{>(1xxxxxxxxxx):sp1}

This would mean any calls matching 1xxxxxxxxxx incoming from any caller, would be sent out on sp1.

In another thread on scammers, I suggested an InboundCallRoute of:

{(?|x|xx|xxx|xxxx|xxxxx|xxxxxx|un@@.|anon@@.):},{ph}

This will ban calls with no Peer Number, any Peer Number less than seven digits, Peer Number "unknown" and Peer Number "anonymous".

It is more tedious to have to list the banned numbers, but I think it may be the only way. My suggested route was to suit my set up as I need to allow seven digit numbers. You may be able to modify it to your needs. Start by looking in Call History to see what the nuisance calls show up as in Peer Number.

Yes, I was referring to Caller > callee format.

Are you OBi employee? Can you explain the difference between no Peer Number, Peer Number "unknown" and Peer Number "anonymous"?

ianobi

Sadly, I'm not getting paid by Obihia. If they wish to remember me at Christmas time that would be nice  8)

The Caller ID of the nuisance calls is shown in Peer Number in the Call History of the Obi:

No Peer Number = blank, nothing shown.
Peer Number unknown = the word "unknown" shown in Peer Number
Peer Number anonymous = the word "anonymous" shown in Peer Number.

In the Obi documentation a blank or empty Peer Number (no Caller ID) is referred to as "anonymous". This means an empty Peer Number, not the word "anonymous" shown in Peer Number.

Often this will depend on your service provider. If they see no Caller ID they might send "unknown" or "anonymous" or leave Caller ID empty. In the case of scammers who are coming into your Obi directly, not through a service provider, then the Caller ID is anything they want. Most of mine have been 100 1001 10001. Lacibaci had lots of "unknown".

jimates

Quote from: JoeSchmoe007 on September 20, 2012, 06:17:05 AM
You misunderstood me. I want it the other way around. My number is 12125551212. If they call anything but this number (as would be the case with scammers because they have no way of knowing my phone number) I want call to be dropped.

Call routing (or not in this case) in the Obi is done based on the caller id, or lack of, of the incoming call. How or why the call arrives at the Obi is irrelevant to it.