News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBiTalk Conference Call Number

Started by yhfung, March 12, 2011, 07:36:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yhfung

Hello OBihai software developers,

Is there any OBiTalk number (OBiTalk Conference Room Number) such that we, OBiTalk endpoints, can talk to each other in the OBiTalk Conference Room Telephone Number?

YH
Hong Kong and China OBi Users Group
www.telecom-cafe.com

QBZappy

yhfung,

Hi,

I like your ideas. They make me think.

Not exactly an "OBiTalk Conference Room Number". However we can manually setup a conference call this way using the OBi. Would that do. <See below reference>

By ward, Tuesday, February 8, 2011 @ 1:17 pm

Today's Golden Nugget from the OBiForum:

"If you are using GV, you can only make one call at a time. You can configure both SP1 and SP2 with the same Gmail acct, and now you can make 2 calls (press "flash" to put the 1st call on hold, and flash again to conference). Hence 3-way calling with OBi/GV is possible to do."

Ref: http://nerdvittles.com/?p=720

If you wanted a fully automated way of using the OBi I could think of the following method. I tried it so I know it works.

What you need:
A softphone where you can configure at least 2 sip accounts and with an auto answer feature (Many have this feature). SIP communicator, 3CX have free softphones with these features. Eyebeam is a commercial version.

What you need to do:
Set the auto answer feature on. Arrange with your calling parties to call a prearranged extension number after they hit the IVR. Same concept as a conference room. This works particularly well on an PBX with extensions. Without a PBX it should work as well, however there is always the risk someone will call at an awkward time and be conferenced into the call as there is no extension number to press, everyone automatically gets conferenced in. You could perhaps use a "secret" GV Tel number to avoid accidental drop ins. A softphone with the OBiAPP could create this feature using this strategy.

Hope this helps.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

yhfung

Thanks QBZappy's response.

If OBiTalk server can provide this service, it would be more convenient for general OBi users (who know nothing about SIP, just know OBi can do it and buy it) to make conference call with more than three parties.

I believe one (as the conference room host) of the OBi user have to open an OBiTalk conference room number and ask their OBi endpoints to participate.

YH
Hong Kong and China OBi Users Group
www.telecom-cafe.com