News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

using OBI110 just for texting

Started by mayhem69, May 16, 2012, 06:13:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayhem69

Well, after trying the OBI110 with GV for several months i cannot take the bugs anymore!  Constant hangups, no number support when i have to press numbers on a call.  I was having better luck before my last firmware update a couple months ago.  It has been just horrendous all around.
Anyway my question i do not want to get rid of the OBI altogether.  I want to just use the GV phone # for texting.  Is there an option to not use calling and just text.
Right now i have the ethernet plugged in and phone line is not.  It is showing connected in my menu.
Forgot to mention i now have Comcast landline.

pc44

Hi,

When you say you want to use the GV phone # for texting, are you referring to using your PC?  Or, are you trying to use your mobile phone to text?   If you are trying to text without using your computer, then my apologies for being confused! :)

However, if you are trying to use your computer to text with the GV#, I would highly recommend this software: GVNotifier.

Hope it helps,
pc44

NewbieBill

If you use the Chrome browser, they have a GoogleVoice extension that allows you to text from the browser. Works pretty good.