News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Field width limitation on Voice Gateway

Started by Stewart, August 07, 2012, 11:51:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stewart

On an OBi202 running 3.0.0 (Build: 3184M), I'm using Anveo on SP1 as Primary Line, but trying to route toll-free calls via Alcazar Networks.

Voice Gateway 1 is set up with:
AccessNumber: SP1(tollfree.alcazarnetworks.com;op=ns)
AuthUserID: (11-digit calling number)
AuthPassword: xxx

The OuboundCallRoute for the Phone 1 port contains:
...,{(1(800|855|866|877|888)[2-9]xxxxxx):vg1},...

When I dial e.g. 18004377950, the number sent to Alcazar Networks (as verified by Call History and by SIP Debug) is 1800437795, so the call fails with a 404 error.

I suspect that this is a field width problem, because there is no trouble if either the IP address (of tollfree.alcazarnetworks.com) or a shorter name (of another provider) is used instead of the long name.

hwittenb

Stewart,

I tried your setup on my OBi202 3.0.0 (Build: 3184M) and could not duplicate your problem.  In my case the number was sent correctly to Alcazar and MCI verified my calling number.  I ran a WireShark trace of the call and it looks normal.  

There must be some other variable that is causing your problem.  Strange that you could substitue the ip address or another provider and the problem goes away.

I have sip setup on SP2 and I setup a gateway copying your setup from your posting changing SP1 to SP2 and inserting my 11-digit calling number.  I copied your outbound calling route and put it at the front of the outbound calling route for Phone 1.  Edit:  The outbound routing string also works fine at the end of the current Phone1 outbound routing.  This looks like Stewart has a good way to call toll free U.S. numbers and show your caller id.