News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI100 web interface becomes really slow

Started by dhobi, May 18, 2012, 06:32:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dhobi

I noticed that after the latest firmware update to fix the GV issues (1.3.0 Build: 2711) the device's web interface becomes very very slow after a few days to the point where it's unusable. Once the device is rebooted, it's fast once again, for a few days that is...

I've never experienced this with previous firmware versions. What's going on here? Anyone else seeing the same thing?

dhobi

Nobody else running into this issue? FWIW, my configuration is manual, doesn't use ObiTalk for configuration, AA and ObiTalk services are disabled. SP1 is GV and SP2 is a SIP.

pc44

Hi dhobi,

Does changing the network port link speed on your Obi100 to 100 Mbps make any difference with this problem?  It's just a thought.

pc44

dhobi

It's not the network speed, it's the UI itself, it's fine for a couple of days then it slows down. If I reboot it it's fast again. As if after the latest firmware update the device is leaking resources over time which causes it to become slower and slower.

dhobi

Update: I think it starts happening if I click on Call Status, Call History and maybe other items in the UI during an actual call. I can't pinpoint which pages cause it. But once it starts slowing down, it doesn't come back to life until a reboot. It feels like the device is leaking resources.

dhobi

Support recommended that I switch the port setting to 100Mbps/Full-Duplex which surprisingly is not the default. This seems to have solved the slowdown problem. I'd like to understand why though and whether the problem is with the router port or the OBI device. It would also be interesting to hear why 100/FDX is not the default and why there's no auto-negotiate option.

Just for the benefit of someone who may be running into the same issue and looks at this thread, here's how you enable 100Mbps/Full Duplex:

1. Dial *** 0
2. Enter option 27 and press #
3. Press 1 to set a new value
4. Enter a value of 1 and press #
5. Press 1 to confirm/save
6. Hang up

pc44

Quote from: dhobi on June 08, 2012, 07:50:24 AM
Support recommended that I switch the port setting to 100Mbps/Full-Duplex which surprisingly is not the default. This seems to have solved the slowdown problem. I'd like to understand why though and whether the problem is with the router port or the OBI device. It would also be interesting to hear why 100/FDX is not the default and why there's no auto-negotiate option.

Just for the benefit of someone who may be running into the same issue and looks at this thread, here's how you enable 100Mbps/Full Duplex:

1. Dial *** 0
2. Enter option 27 and press #
3. Press 1 to set a new value
4. Enter a value of 1 and press #
5. Press 1 to confirm/save
6. Hang up

Glad you finally got it working, although that's exactly what was suggested earlier in this thread ;D

dhobi

Yeah, thanks for the suggestion, I didn't believe in it until I heard it from multiple sources. Weird problem. Any idea what might be going on?

pc44

Hi dhobi,

My gut reaction is it has something to do with an attempted Auto-Negotiation of the link (i.e. 10 or 100, half-duplex or full-duplex).  I realize that the default setting from the factory is supposedly 10mbps half-duplex, but I have to wonder if the default setting isn't actually 10mbps half/duplex with auto-neg.  If so, then the auto-negotiation is attempting but failing between the OBI and the network device to which it is connected.

Just a theory,
pc44

dhobi

Anyone getting 100/FDX without forcing the setting?

And why 10/half causes the web interface to be so slow is beyond me. The call quality is not affected when that happens, it's just the web interface and only a reboot fixes it.

My OBI has been up for 8 days now and it's behaving normally with 100/FDX. Oh well, the mysteries of hardware and software...

dhobi

Unfortunately the slow web interface problem is back, even with the 100/FD setting (verified that it's still set to 100/FD by dialing in and checking option 27 value). All I did was to connect to the device and authenticate during a SIP call. Coincidence maybe. The device has been up for almost 19 days now without a problem, until today.

dhobi

Nobody else having this issue? I'm still struggling with it...

dhobi

Still happening to me with 1.3.0 (Build: 2774). The device eventually reboots on its own.
Any known memory/resource leaks?

azrobert

I'm having the same problem. Mine is very intermittent and comes back to life after waiting a few minutes. I haven't tried the 100Mbps/Full-Duplex setting.

dhobi

Quote from: azrobert on March 26, 2013, 12:03:05 PM
I'm having the same problem. Mine is very intermittent and comes back to life after waiting a few minutes. I haven't tried the 100Mbps/Full-Duplex setting.

When it comes back to life, is it because the device rebooted on its own or does it really recover?

Unfortunately the 100Mbps doesn't help my case, it seems to me that the software is simply buggy and it leaks resources until the device is out of breath and it reboots.

azrobert

Quote from: dhobi on March 26, 2013, 12:11:08 PM

When it comes back to life, is it because the device rebooted on its own or does it really recover?
I believe it recovers on its own, but I'm not 100% sure. I'll check the next time it happens.