News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Caller ID with Voip.MS

Started by Fablog, May 20, 2012, 10:32:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fablog

Hi,

I Live in Canada, I use Voip.MS but the outgoing calls show a caller ID "Unknown". I put correctly my number in the Caller ID field in the voip.ms administration page. I know it could be only a canadian problem.

Any solution?

lhm.

You did not put a "1" in front of your CID # did you?

Fablog

hwittenb

Fablog,

If you have your OBi setup with a voip.ms "subaccount" then you need to edit the voip.ms "subaccount" caller id setting to setup the "subaccount" with the caller id you wish.

Fablog

Quote from: hwittenb on May 21, 2012, 09:49:57 AM
Fablog,

If you have your OBi setup with a voip.ms "subaccount" then you need to edit the voip.ms "subaccount" caller id setting to setup the "subaccount" with the caller id you wish.

I don't have any subaccount :)

veames

Hi,

you can login with your main account, but its usually not recommended. 2 things to check;

1) did you set the callerid field on the DID/subaccount
2) are you using premium routing? I don't think voip.ms guarantee CID number/name on value routing though it will sometimes show correctly.

good luck.

Fablog

Hi veames, The callerid is set on the DID account and I don't have a subaccount. I'm not using the premium routing but Voip.MS can't guarantee a good voip caller with premium routing either, like they said to me.

QBZappy

Fablog,

Are you certain your DID number is listed?

Have a look here:
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=1723.msg11233#msg11233

Both infin8loop, and myself paid voipms $10 to get listed.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

veames

Quote from: Fablog on May 22, 2012, 07:55:29 PM
Hi veames, The callerid is set on the DID account and I don't have a subaccount. I'm not using the premium routing but Voip.MS can't guarantee a good voip caller with premium routing either, like they said to me.

I'm not certain whether you are having issues with the CID name or number appearing on destination phones?
In my case I found that with value routing it would usually display a CID local number (not mine) and no CID Name. When I started using premium it almost always displays my correct CID Name/Number.

The CID number is set on the DID/subaccount page on voip.ms site

The CID name should be set in your Obi110 Advanced settings for SP1/SP2

Fablog

Veames, I will try tonight what I get with premium calls. I want to show my phone number to others when I call, right now they can only see "Unknown".

QBZappy How do I know if I'm listed? I checked my DID number with cidlookup.com and the result is:
Original Telephone Company:
Isp Telecom

Original Telephone Company Type:
Competitive Local Exchange Carrier (CLEC)

Estimated City:
Montreal

Estimated Region:
Quebec

Voip.ms didn't propose me to be listed when I told them about my problem.

QBZappy

Fablog,

Here is the correspondence that I had with voipms when I ported my number. They mention a couple of different ways on how you can pass your CID info over their system. I ended up paying the $10 to get listed.

To:   VoIP.ms LNP
Subject:   RE: Port Status updated to Processing (5145551212)

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, May 23, 2011 11:53 AM
To:
Subject: Port Status updated to Processing (5145551212)

Dear Customer,

We are emailing you regarding an order you have in our system for the
following DID(s): 5145551212

Status for your port has been updated to the following:

New Status: Processing
Description: All paperwork has been submitted to carrier. We're now awaiting
an FOC date or reject.

Comment by Brian: Dear customer,
You can configure a name in your device, using premium route the name will
pass along your number. Another option is to make a request for your number to
be submitted to white pages (411). This will usually lead to your number
getting a CNAM Entry to the LIDB/CNAM Database. However, the easiest way is to
simply use the premium route and configure a name in your adapter.

Thank you

Updated by Brian on 2011-05-23 at 11:48:47

Sincerely,

VoIP.ms LNP
ports@voip.ms
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

Fablog

It works with premium plan  ;D. Now if I want to use the value plan and have a ID caller correct QBzappy you said I have to be listed. I found in the voip.ms Wiki that:"CNAM is only available for some USA numbers. In order to update your Caller ID on the CNAM database for your US calls, there is a process to follow which has a cost of $10 USD (one time only)". Do you talk about the same thing? If the answer is yes, it won't fix my problem because I use my DID number to call Canadian numbers.

QBZappy

Fablog,

I have a Montreal DID number. I don't think it is only for USA numbers. Give the voipms Customer service a call. They should clear things up.

veames

Quote from: Fablog on May 23, 2012, 08:10:45 PM
It works with premium plan  ;D. Now if I want to use the value plan and have a ID caller correct QBzappy you said I have to be listed. I found in the voip.ms Wiki that:"CNAM is only available for some USA numbers. In order to update your Caller ID on the CNAM database for your US calls, there is a process to follow which has a cost of $10 USD (one time only)". Do you talk about the same thing? If the answer is yes, it won't fix my problem because I use my DID number to call Canadian numbers.

Glad that it works, let me know if the yellowpages solution works, wouldn't mind being able to use value routing. Frankly I see no difference in call quality, I use it precisely for the above reason. (also located in Canada)

Fablog

I got an answer from Voip.MS (In french):
"Au Canada le "CallerID" passera sur la route Premium . Nous pouvons également demander votre numéro à être soumis à des pages blanches (411), ce qui mène généralement à votre numéro de d'obtenir un entrée CNAM à la base de données LIDB / CNAM. Toutefois, la façon la plus simple est d'utiliser simplement la route Premium et de configurer un nom dans votre carte, PBX ou softphone. Le nom ne doit pas dépasser 15 caractères alpha-numériques.

Veuilles noté que ceci est seulement pour le Nom qui va être montré et non pour le numéro, en ce cas noté que les appels vers le lignes cellulaires au Canada ne sont pas garanti, votre "Caller ID" passe sans problèmes mais ceci que vous expérimenté se car vous appeler des lignes cellulaires."

So, it seem's only my name will be shown, not my number. Could you confirm QBZappy?

infin8loop

Quote from: Fablog on May 24, 2012, 02:33:43 PM
I got an answer from Voip.MS (In french):

Well that sure clears it up.  LOL  I ran the reply through an online translator:

"In Canada the "CallerID" will happen on the road Premium . We can also ask for your number to be submitted to the white pages (411), which generally leads to your number of to obtain a entry to the CNAM database LIDB/CNAM. However, the simplest way is to simply use the Premium road and set up a name in your map, PBX or softphone. The name must not exceed 15 alpha-numeric characters.

Please note that this is only for the name that will be shown and not for the number, in this case note that calls to the cellular lines in Canada are not guaranteed, your "Caller ID" passes without problems but this that you experienced is because you call cell lines."

I pasted the translation with no modifications.  It's close, I guess.
"This has not only been fun, it's been a major expense." - Gallagher

veames

Thanks for the update.. A fair translation too! ;-) Felicitations!