News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Relax, have patience when doing an OBi202 firmware update

Started by MichiganTelephone, May 20, 2012, 02:11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MichiganTelephone

I just wanted to note that those of you who have previously owned an OBi100 or OBi110, and now have an OBi202, may be surprised at the length of time it take for a firmware update to complete.  I've done it twice now and both times it took somewhere between three and five MINUTES, during which time the LED blinked red.  I would guess this could be a bit unnerving to those who have only done an update on an earlier model, which seems to take much less time.  Just relax, go have a snack, go for a walk, or do anything other than stare at the blinking red light and you'll most likely be fine.  Remember the analogy of the watched pot that never boils! Whatever you do, do NOT disconnect the power supply while the LED is blinking red.

Oh, and the reason I bring this up now is because I discovered today that there is a firmware update available for the OBi202, which you can receive by dialing * * * 6.  Not sure what features or fixes it adds, but it loaded fine on my unit and everything seems to be working fine.  Just don't do the update when you are expecting a call, or plan to make one within the next five minutes or so.

Inactive, no longer posting or responding to messages.  Goodbye and good luck.  Some of my old Obihai-related blog posts have been moved to http://tech.iprock.com - note this in NOT my blog; I have simply given the owner permission to repost some of my old stuff.

CaptainSteubing

Quote from: MichiganTelephone on May 20, 2012, 02:11:14 PM
Oh, and the reason I bring this up now is because I discovered today that there is a firmware update available for the OBi202, which you can receive by dialing * * * 6.  Not sure what features or fixes it adds, but it loaded fine on my unit and everything seems to be working fine. 

Thanks for the heads up, I did the upgrade on my OBi202, just left it alone and sometime afterwards it finished its magical download.

The main difference that I see off the top of my head is the addition of the OBiWiFi Configuration menu items. My OBiWiFi shipped yesterday sometime, and I should get it by the 30th they said. Didn't really need it, but though, hmm, maybe I can put the OBi right by the phone or something.

Ostracus