News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Beeps/Music while waiting for call to be connected

Started by dealyanodeal, March 15, 2011, 03:59:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dealyanodeal

Lots of people are experiencing call delays ...up to 20 seconds lag between dial of the  last number and the actual ring at the destination number. It will be very nice if OBI can play a continuous beeps(or some music) while it is parsing,reading,dialing the number.It will really help in assuring the user that the call is in progress and not lost.Maybe a system option to turn this off and on will be needed too so that uses who dont like/want this ..can turn it off.

MichiganTelephone

Keep in mind that sometimes when this delay occurs, it could be fixed in a digit map.  Sometimes people forget to add S0 after a pattern to eliminate post-dial delay, or something like S4 to hold it to a reasonable amount of time yet still give the caller the opportunity to dial additional digits.  That's not always the cause, but sometimes it is.
Inactive, no longer posting or responding to messages.  Goodbye and good luck.  Some of my old Obihai-related blog posts have been moved to http://tech.iprock.com - note this in NOT my blog; I have simply given the owner permission to repost some of my old stuff.