News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Help setting up 7 digit vs 10 digit dialing on OBi110

Started by flanda, May 16, 2013, 10:35:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flanda

I would appreciate some assistance in setting up my Obi110 to route 7 digit outbound calls to the Li service (line port) and all 10+ digit calls to the Sp1 (Google voice) service.  I have accessed ObiExpert and tried modifying the Phone Port OutboundCallRoute by adding {(xxxxxxx(Mli)):li} to the route, but I get an error message every time I try to submit the changes. I thought it was a syntax error but after referring to the Admin Guide numerous times and I don't understand why this doesn't work. I have tried {xxxxxxx:li} but still get errors. I thought this was a no-brainer but I'm stumped. Do I need to modify the DigitMap as well? I have added timer (S4) after the xxxxxxx but the errors persist. I am assuming I don't need to add a specific rule for the 10+ digit route because anything that does not match a rule goes to Msp1 already, so have been focusing on routing the 7 digit dialing. Any help from the forum would be greatly appreciated. Tnx. 

azrobert

Both rules you tried have a valid syntax, so I don't know why you're getting an error. Are you including a comma after the rule?

Anyway, neither of the rules will do what you want.
Assuming your Phone Port primary line is SP1.

Try:
{(xxxxxxx):li},

Also include the following after the beginning parenthesis of the Phone Port DigitMap:
xxxxxxx|

With {xxxxxxx:li}. When you don't include parentheses xxxxxxx becomes a literal not a DigitMap, so you are comparing for 7 lower case x's not 7 digits.

With {(xxxxxxx(Mli)):li}. You are prefixing all the rules within Mli with xxxxxxx.
The proper syntax would be {(xxxxxxx|(Mli)):li}, but there are other things wrong with this rule that I won't get into.

flanda

Thanks for your explanation.  Yes, I was including the required commas. 

I tried adding {(xxxxxxx):li} to the route (with the separator commas) and including xxxxxxx| in the digit map right after the first parenthesis as you suggested. Upon hitting "submit" I get a page that says "web page not available"... and "Error 103 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_ABORTED): Unknown error". 

I have made other changes (not with xxxxxx) where I don't get this error and the Obi reboots normally so I know I have communication with the Obi. The Device Default and ObiTalk Settings checkboxes are unchecked.

Any other suggestions? I essentially want the functionality of {(<**8:>(Mli)):li} but without having to dial the **8. I want all 7 digit (local) calls to route to the PSTN line because I want the called party to see my PSTN number on their caller Id, not my Google voice number. Hope that makes sense.

Thanks again for the time.

azrobert

I have no idea why you're getting an error when you try to update your OBi, but since nobody is helping you I'm going to make a suggestion.

Instead of using OBiTalk to update the OBi, log directly on the OBi using the Web Interface.
Key the OBi IP address into your browser and hit Enter.
The UserName is "admin".
Password is the password you setup when you added the OBi to OBiTalk.

You have to disable OBiTalk Auto Provisioning, otherwise OBiTalk will override the changes you make.

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> OBiTalk Provisioning -> Method: Disabled

flanda

Hi azrobert.
I finally got around to trying this and it worked! Thank you very much.  

FYI, I did some troubleshooting and reverted to the initial ObiTalk settings to try the configuration again via the ObiTalk web page and I got the same http errors all over again. I tried this with Chrome, IE, Safari and Firefox, and they all gave me the http error that it could not connect to the destination url. Now I knew it wasn't the browser and it wasn't the Obi110.  I noticed in the error message that the "invalid" url address had the xxxxxxx configuration lines from the outbound route and digit map in it. This pointed me to the DNS server/router and, sure enough, it is set to automatically block any url with "xxx" in it for parental control reasons.  I guess if 3 x's is bad then 7 must be the worst yet! Anyway, one for the books I guess.  Thanks again!