News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Woke up this morning with my Obi GV offline?

Started by Gogyroswin, March 13, 2011, 01:03:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gogyroswin

I went to make a call out this morning and I got the error message voice telling me that there was not a service available or something similar.  Immediately went to the Dashboard and my GV Account had changed to "Offline" overnight.  Checked my GV settings to make sure I was not logged in to chat, etc. and nothing had changed since I closed down my machine.  I had to do a hard reset of the Obi for the GV portion in the dashboard to change its status to "online".  I searched these forums and there was not a mention of this from anyone else.  Is this a common occurrence?  Maybe something on GV's side occasionally?

TIA!

mykmayk

i got into a similar situation last week.  this is the reply i got from support:

===================

We apologize for the inconvenience you have encountered.

Yesterday evening, during scheduled maintenance of the OBiTALK web portal, the voice service configuration settings on a small number of OBi110 device's Service Provider 1 and Service Provider 2 were overwritten with a null profile.  This effectively cleared the username and password setting for your VoIP service(s).  Unfortunately your OBi110 was affected.  In order to restore VoIP service to your OBi110, please do the following:

1. Log-in to www.obitalk.com
2. Select your OBi110 from the OBi Dashboard
3. At the bottom of the page, select the "Service Provider 1" configuration link.
4. Re-enter the Username for this service in the field provided – e.g. your Gmail email address or SIP account user name / ID.
5. Re-enter the Password for this service.

~Only if you have a second VoIP service set-up on the OBi110~
6. Repeat the steps above for "Service provider 2" by selecting the appropriate link in step 3.

==============================

after i rebooted and reconfigured my sip providers, both are working fine.  1 is gv, 2 is a sip provider.  both are working since then.
əʞɪɯ mɪke

vanlee

Quote from: Gogyroswin on March 13, 2011, 01:03:10 PM
I went to make a call out this morning and I got the error message voice telling me that there was not a service available or something similar.  Immediately went to the Dashboard and my GV Account had changed to "Offline" overnight.  Checked my GV settings to make sure I was not logged in to chat, etc. and nothing had changed since I closed down my machine.  I had to do a hard reset of the Obi for the GV portion in the dashboard to change its status to "online".  I searched these forums and there was not a mention of this from anyone else.  Is this a common occurrence?  Maybe something on GV's side occasionally?

TIA!

I got the same situation with offline status. How do you hard reset the OBI device. I pressed the pin inside the pin-hole underneath the device. After the device is back to normal, I still don't see the online status even after I remove the google voice endpoint and redo the setup.

giacomo

Had the same problem. I did what mykmayk suggested, still offline. Any other reasons for this?