News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Dial plan explanation

Started by QBZappy, December 02, 2010, 10:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

azrobert

QuoteIs there any way to eliminate the 10sec after dialing number without dialing# to eliminate the pause before it gets sent out??

Don't use the X. in the DigitMap. For example if you always dial 10 digits use XXXXXXXXXX in the DigitMap and after you dial the 10th digit the OBi will immediately process the string.

Use xxxxxxxxx|xxxxxxxxxx if you dial 9 or 10 digits. 10 digits will be processed immediately. Dialing 9 digits will have a 4 second delay because the OBi doesn't know if you will dial the 10th digit.

You can also specify a 3 second pause like this: XX.S3
Don't set the pause too low. If you pause will dialing the OBi might start processing the call before you are finished.

QuoteI'm not sure what you mean by this since English is not my first language  

If you want to send the string with a trailing # do this:

{(<#1:>XX.<#>:sp2}

Use the above rule if you dial 1234567 but want 1234567# sent to your provider.

QuoteI presume that sp1 is set as default line, just out of curiosity where do you change that? I didn't find that option.

Shale already answered this if you use OBitalk to update the OBi.
If you update the OBi directly over the Web the Primary Line setting is just below the Phone Port OutboundCallRoute.

In the  Phone Port DigitMap (Mpli) points to the primary line's DigitMap, so if you change the primary line setting the Phone Port DigitMap is automatically updated.

Same for the OutboundCallRoute: {(Mpli):pli}

azrobert

Quote from: affled on October 26, 2013, 07:48:19 AM

Thank you, I hope to give that a try

I have a suggestion on testing this. Before adding the Star Code make sure the dialed number fails in the DigitMap. You will get a busy signal. Then add the Star Code. This way you will be confident the Star Code is processing the dialed number.

lifeisfun

Quote from: Shale on October 26, 2013, 07:29:37 AM
Quote from: lifeisfun on October 26, 2013, 04:53:42 AM

I presume that sp1 is set as default line, just out of curiosity where do you change that? I didn't find that option.

If using OBiTalk, in the setup for SP1, there is a box to tick: Primary Line for Outgoing Calls. With my OBi202, each SP has 2 boxes to tick or not, because there are two phone ports.
Got it, all working - THANKS folks!
Now last problem my outgoing CID doesn't work but I'll post in general section :)

bonita

I recently upgraded from a OBi100 to a OBi200.

I am currently reading through the OBi device administration guide trying to figure out the call routing and digit map section.

I'm set up currently with voip.ms on SP1, Google Voice on SP2 and Callcentric on SP3. I used the OBi Configuration(OBicfg.exe) utility to help me with the dial plans.

I have a quick question, which I hope someone can explain to me.

For Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> DigitMap:

1) OBicfg.exe gave me the following with which I am not able to dial 933
([2-9]xxxxxx|[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxx|1[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxx|(00|011)xx.|<8835100>xxxxxxxx|8835100xxxxxxxx)

2) However, when I revert to the default I can dial 933.
(*75xx|*xx|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1212>[2-9]xxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.) 

Note: 933 is the number that Callcentric provides to test 911

Both 1) and 2) seem to follow all my other dial plans I have put in place. Can someone help explain what I am missing?

Thanks.

ianobi

bonita,

911 and 933 are normally dealt with by the Phone Port DigitMap and the Phone Port OutboundCallRoute. Assuming that 911 and 933 should route to sp3, then you should see something like this:

Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port 1&2 > DigitMap:
(... other rules ...|911|933| ... other rules ...)

Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port 1/2 > OutboundCallRoute:
{ ... other rules ... },{(911|933):sp3},{ ... other rules ...}

This means that calls to 911 or 933 get dealt with directly with no reference to any other digit maps and no chance of delays or misrouting.

The Phone Port DigitMap defines which numbers to allow; the Phone Port OutboundCallRoute routes the numbers to the intended spX. For the puposes of this post:

Service Providers > ITSP Profile A > General > DigitMap = Msp1

I'm also guessing that sp1 is your Primary Line. Therefore:

Msp1 = Mpli

Mpli is "DigitMap Primary Line" – the service that does not require ** codes.

You will notice that Mpli occurs in both the Phone Port DigitMap and the Phone Port OutboundCallRoute. Therefore anything within Mpli is also in The Phone Port DigitMap and the Phone Port OutboundCallRoute.

Now here is your answer (sorry for the delay!):

(*75xx|*xx|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1212>[2-9]xxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.)

This contains the rule "xx." This rule means one of any digit followed by none or any number of any digits. In effect it's a "catch-all" that allows any number of any length to be matched. With this in Mpli any number, including 933, is matched in the Phone Port DigitMap and Phone Port OutboundCallRoute.

The downside of the "xx." rule, and some others, is that your OBi has no idea when you have finished dialling, so it waits for ten seconds before deciding that you have finished before it processes the number.

Quick question - slow answer   :)

bonita

Quote from: ianobi on November 19, 2013, 08:28:50 AM
bonita,

911 and 933 are normally dealt with by the Phone Port DigitMap and the Phone Port OutboundCallRoute. Assuming that 911 and 933 should route to sp3, then you should see something like this:

Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port 1&2 > DigitMap:
(... other rules ...|911|933| ... other rules ...)

Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port 1/2 > OutboundCallRoute:
{ ... other rules ... },{(911|933):sp3},{ ... other rules ...}

This means that calls to 911 or 933 get dealt with directly with no reference to any other digit maps and no chance of delays or misrouting.

Thanks for the response. I appreciate your taking time to explain in detail.

Last night another user sent me a PM with a similar response and I found out that I had inadvertantly missed adding 933 in the DigitMap section. All my dial plans are working fine now.

bonita

I have the following in the same OutboundCallRoute
{(1[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxx):sp2}
{(1555555xxxx):sp1}

I want to confirm if the order in which they are in the OutboundCallRoute plays an important role.

If I have these two in my OutboundCallRoute as follows:
(.....{(1[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxx):sp2}....{(1555555xxxx):sp1}.....) then all numbers seem to be dialed using SP2

However, if I reverse the order of these two in my OutboundCallRoute as such:
(.....{(1555555xxxx):sp1}.....{(1[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxx):sp2}....) then 1555555xxxx numbers go through SP1 and the rest of the numbers use SP2.

Thanks.

NOTE: Edited message above, after ianobi's response: corrected DigitMap to OutboundCallRoute

ianobi

We need to be accurate about terminology here. In a digit map it's the best match that wins and gets matched. In an OutboundCallRoute or InboundCallRoute a complete number is compared with each rule from left to right and the first rule to match is used.

Your observation concerns OutboundCallRoutes and the order does matter. First rule from the left to match will be used.

um30

Hi everyone,

I am new to Obihai and have been trying to set up my dialing plan for days now. I Was wondering if anyone could help me with a small issue.

My setup:

SP1: GV (used for my business with a separate number)
SP2: Anveo with E911 (Primary provider)
SP3: VoipJumper (cheaper than Anveo for international calls)

Using ObiCfg utility (thank you RonR), I was able to get almost everything working:

1. 911 and all North American calls routed to SP2
2. 011 routed to SP3
3. **1, **2, **3 route to SP1, SP2, SP3 respectively

However, I would like to be able to make calls using SP1 GV without dialing **1. Ideally, I would like to be able to dial 0 followed by area code and 7 digit number.

I tried using suggestion from http://www.toao.net/500-mangos-guide-to-configuring-an-obi100-obi110-and-obi202-ata

DigitMap: (<0:001>[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxx|001[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxx)

but that didn't work. I think GV does not actually accept 001-aaa-xxx-xxxx calls. Could someone point me in the right direction? I tried modifying Physical Interfaces -> Phone Line 1 Digit Map and Outbound Call Route, and ITSP Profile A and B.

This is the relevant part of the ObiCfg text output:
Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port 1 -> DigitMap: (911|#|***|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**3(Msp3)|**4(Msp4)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))
Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port 1 -> OutboundCallRoute: {911:sp2},{(<#:>):ph2},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**3:>(Msp3)):sp3},{(<**4:>(Msp4)):sp4},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{((00|011)xx.):sp3},{(Mpli):pli}
Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port 1 -> PrimaryLine: SP2 Service

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> DigitMap: (<1408>[2-9]xxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxx|1[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxx)
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_ServProvProfile: A
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute: {ph1,ph2}

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> General -> DigitMap: ([2-9]11S0|<1408>[2-9]xxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxx|1[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxx|(00|011)xx.)
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_ServProvProfile: B
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute: {ph1,ph2}

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile C -> General -> DigitMap: ((00|011)xx.)
Voice Services -> SP3 Service -> X_ServProvProfile: C
Voice Services -> SP3 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute: {ph1,ph2}

Thank you!

ianobi

um30 - welcome to the forum.

The mango version looks very odd. Your request is slightly unusual, but I think the following should work:

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port 1 -> OutboundCallRoute: {911:sp2},{(<#:>):ph2},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**3:>(Msp3)):sp3},{(<**4:>(Msp4)):sp4},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(<0:1>[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxx):sp1},{((00|011)xx.):sp3},{(Mpli):pli}

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> General -> DigitMap: ([2-9]11S0|<1408>[2-9]xxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxx|1[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxx|0[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxx|(00|011)xx.)

um30

Thank you ianobi! Your suggestion worked! :)

I think I made a mistake when I put the <0:1> replacement code in ITSP Profile A rather than Phone 1 OutboundCallRoute.

It is still not entirely clear to me why we need to handle the 0[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxx sequence in ITSP Profile B when the replacement from 0 to 1 has already been made in the OutboundCallRoute. But I'm here to learn... :)

I really appreciate your help!

ianobi

In your case Primary Line = SP2 Service. Therefore:

ITSP Profile B DigitMap = (Msp2) = (Mpli)

So whatever we put in ITSP Profile B DigitMap is also in (Mpli). All numbers to be dialled need to be "allowed" in the Phone Port DigitMap which contains (Mpli). (Mpli) is the only DigitMap that require no ** codes, so it is a convenient way of getting 0[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxx into the Phone Port DigitMap.

Now 0[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxx is allowed we need to route it. This is done in the Phone Port OutboundCallRoute using rule {(<0:1>[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxx):sp1}. I have done the transformation here of replacing the 0 with 1 so the rule only picks numbers starting with 0[2-9]. Had I done the transformation in ITSP Profile B DigitMap, then the number would have started with "1" when it was processed by the OutboundCallRoute and so we lose the choice of sending to either sp1 or sp2.

If you look at the RonR config, it does something similar by placing (00|011)xx. in the ITSP Profile B DigitMap, even though the rule will be needed for sp3.

I hope that helped  :)

um30

Thank you ianobi! That's a great explanation! :)

tawd1992

I need to dial 123 for my voicemail & I'm trying to figure out how to add that to my dial plan so it dials it immediately. I tried adding |<S0:123> to the end of the DigitMap, but that didn't work.

ianobi

tawd1992,

The format you are looking for is "other rules|123S0|other rules". However if you put that in a digit map, then any number you dial starting "123" will never get any further and will be sent to your provider as "123".

I believe that azrobert gave you the best answer in your other thread. If you put it in a speed dial in the format spX(123) then no digit maps are involved.

tawd1992

Yes, azrobert's speed dial suggestion turned out to be the best option. That's good to know about the other rules option as that may come in handy for another situation. Thanks.

sidlog

Hello,

Could someone help me out on the following: I have a call plan that allows me to make really cheap calls to certain countries (in Europe, USA, Canada, etc.) while pretty expensive in others countries and to mobile numbers (also in Europe).
Could someone show how to allow certain calls, i.e. to landlines in Europe, and blocking all the cell phone calls? Obviously I have the country codes that I am willing to allow and to block.

Thank you in advance,

Sid

ianobi

Sid - welcome to the forum.

Please give more details:
Which model OBi do you have?
How many sp's are in use - sp1, sp2 etc.
Which is the Primary Line? That is the one that does not require ** codes to use.
The codes you wish to allow and the ones to block.
Is the same sp used for your national calls and international calls?

That should be enough to get us started!

prince72

Hi
I have an OBI202 and I setup my mail ITSP on phone1 (atlasvoice, toronto based)
and I have a second ITSP as B.
The second ITSP is used only for outgoing calls since I dont have a number.
Also I have to mention the second ITSP is a european company and it accepts 00 for
international calls
I have all digitmap and call routes with their defaults values.
I have read quite few pages but I am not sure I have understood all the rules for
dial plans so if someone knows these rules well maybe can help me here

I want to do the following
a) How can I add #1 just before the number in order to make the call from ITSPB
   I used to be doing that in SPA3102.
   For example if I call UK I can type #10044xxxxxx and the call will be dialed from ITSPB
   More if I setup a third ITSP I would like to have #2 for the third

Thanks

drgeoff

Quote from: prince72 on March 23, 2014, 08:54:02 AM
Hi
I have an OBI202 and I setup my mail ITSP on phone1 (atlasvoice, toronto based)
and I have a second ITSP as B.
The second ITSP is used only for outgoing calls since I dont have a number.
Also I have to mention the second ITSP is a european company and it accepts 00 for
international calls
I have all digitmap and call routes with their defaults values.
I have read quite few pages but I am not sure I have understood all the rules for
dial plans so if someone knows these rules well maybe can help me here

I want to do the following
a) How can I add #1 just before the number in order to make the call from ITSPB
   I used to be doing that in SPA3102.
   For example if I call UK I can type #10044xxxxxx and the call will be dialed from ITSPB
   More if I setup a third ITSP I would like to have #2 for the third

Thanks
With the default settings, dialling **2 as a prefix will use SP2 for the call.  Is that really more arduous than #1?