News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Dial plan explanation

Started by QBZappy, December 02, 2010, 10:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dogzipp

What does [^*]@@.'@'@@. stand for? For URI calling?

RonR

Quote from: Dogzipp on September 08, 2011, 10:38:54 PM
What does [^*]@@.'@'@@. stand for? For URI calling?

Yes.  You can store SIP URI's in Speed Dials.

The [^*] part is a workaround for a bug in the OBi firmware.

mrbenjaminjo

Hello,

Unfortunately dial plan configuration isn't really sinking in to my brain, I would really appreciate some help with my (hopefully) basic requirements.  I'm a UK user.

I would like.
- any number beginning 00, 01, 02, 03, 07 to be sent to SP1
- any number beginning **2 to go to SP2
- any number beginning 118 to be rejected
- any number beginning 09 to be rejected
- everything else to be sent to PSTN

Really appreciate any help you can give me here, many thanks,

Ben.

I'd like to avoid having to dial **x for

RonR

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> DigitMap : (xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.'@'@@.)

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> General -> DigitMap : (xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.'@'@@.)

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> DigitMap : (xx.)

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> DigitMap:

([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]|[1-9][0-9]|911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mrtr))

User Settings -> User Defined Digit Maps -> User Defined Digit Map2:

Label : rtr
DigitMap : (!(09|118)xx.|<**1>0[01237]xx.|<**8>xx.)

09/118+  ->  Barred
00/01/02/03/07+  ->  SP1
   Everything else  ->  PSTN Line

Note 1: Any number can be directed to SP1, SP2, or the PSTN LINE using **1, **2, and **8 respectively.  If you wish to restrict SP1 calls to 00/01/02/03/07+ in all cases, replaxe xx. with 0[01237]xx. in the ITSP Profile A DigitMap.  If you wish to bar 00/01/02/03/07+ calls from the PSTN Line in all cases, add !0[01237]xx.| to the beginning of the LINE Port DigitMap.

Note 2: 09/118+ calls are not barred if **1, **2, or **8 is used to direct calls to SP1, SP2, or the PSTN LINE respectively.  If you wish to bar those calls also, add !(09|118)xx.| to the beginning of the ITSP Profile A, ITSP Profile B, and/or LINE Port DigitMap(s) as desired.

mrbenjaminjo

Thanks Ron, I'll implement these tomorrow!

SimonD

So I'm doing OK so far with an Obi110 and I'm comfortable with the SIP and provider config but still getting my head around the digitmaps. I think I've read this thread enough and right above about UK dialing to use what Ron suggested but just looking to validate I haven't over looked something.  :)

My setup:

SP1 - GV
SP2 - Sipgate UK
Line - Sipgate USA for E911

I left everything as is/was from the web site site other than the customizations for Sipgate UK setup. I'm using SP1/GV as the default service and have defined 636 as the local area code for 7 digit dialing.

Using what Ron defined above for mrbenjaminjo I created a user defined digitmap with a label of gbr with this data:
(!(09)xx.|<**2>0[0123578]xx.)
This seems to work so I don't have to dial **2 to make UK calls via SP2. I've only tested 0800 and 0500 numbers right now but those both worked.

My phone port digitmap now reads:
([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]|[1-9][0-9]|911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli)|(Mgbr))
with the Mgbr added at the end

The phone port OutboundCallRoute is unaltered but reads:
{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>|911):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

Could someone please take a look at this and confirm this doesn't look like it will cause any side effects?

Would it be more efficient to replace the digitmap under ITSP Profile B General to accomplish this? Should I change the digitmap for ITSP B to (!(09)xx.|<**2>0[0123578]xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.'@'@@.) and then not need the user digitmap with the gbr label?

Thanks in advance

RonR

SimonD,

If your PrimaryLine is SP1/ITSPA and you're trying to block numbers starting with 09 from SP2 and redirect numbers starting with 0[0123578] to SP2, I would suggest:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> DigitMap:

(<**2>0[0123578]xx.|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<1636>[2-9]xxxxxx|011xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.'@'@@.)

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> General -> DigitMap:

(!09xx.|0[0123578]xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.'@'@@.)

Leave the PHONE Port DigitMap and OutboundCallRoute unaltered.  No User Defined DigitMap is needed.

SimonD

Ron,

Thanks for the feedback. As I read more and see the examples you're providing this is beginning to start to make some sense.  :)

I also went back and read the beginning of this thread which noted the faster the Obi can get an exact match the better it is hence why xx. isn't used alone.

So I looked in more detail at the UK calling plan (thanks Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telephone_numbers_in_the_United_Kingdom ) and figured with a little more work I could make the matching for the UK numbers I want to call much more specific to mimic the US defaults that are defined.

While this doesn't account for a couple of the anomalies (10 digit beginning 01 or 8 digit beginning 08) it should work for everything else (11 and 10 digit numbers) and I based it on what you suggested for the ITSP A and ITSP B previously but also added 00xx. for UK based international calls and kept the block for numbers beginning 09.

ITSP A (Default Call out via Google Voice)
(<**2>0[123578]xxxxxxxxx|<**2>0[58]xxxxxxxx|<**2>00xx.|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<1636>[2-9]xxxxxx|011xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.'@'@@.)

ITSP B (Sipgate UK)
(!09xx.|0[123578]xxxxxxxxx|0[58]xxxxxxxx|00xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.'@'@@.)

I'm gonna try this out tomorrow but just thought I'd post in case there's something I've missed and if nothing is wrong then in case it's useful for others wanting a UK digitmap with faster matching.

Thanks

Simon

RonR

SimonD,

Looks like you're on a good path to me.  Let us know how it turns out.

Ron

SimonD

Ron/All

Seems to be working as expected - both US and UK dial patterns are recognized and it is definitely faster when using UK pattern numbers than the earlier option I originally started with above.

Following the pattern for allowing 7 digit dialing in the US I guess you can also do the same for UK dialing as well. In the updated example below I have UK area code 01444 defined such that you can 6 digit dial what are local numbers for the 01444 area code. Probably only useful if you're in UK and using it there all the time for UK calling.

ITSP A (Default Call out via Google Voice) General Digitmap
(<**2>0[123578]xxxxxxxxx|<**2><01444>[234568]xxxxx|<**2>0[58]xxxxxxxx|<**2>00xx.|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<1636>[2-  9]xxxxxx|011xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.'@'@@.)

ITSP B (Sipgate UK) General Digitmap
(!09xx.|0[123578]xxxxxxxxx|<01444>[234568]xxxxx|0[58]xxxxxxxx|00xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.'@'@@.)

Thanks for all the info that's posted here - it's very useful as I explore the options the Obi gives. Hopefully my land line will complete it's first hope to T-Mobile on Monday before quickly moving it again to GV :)

sequoia2006

I'm new to this so please bear with me.  I'm trying to set up my new OBi110 to have all my calls to go through SP1 (google voice, primary line) and only 911 calls to go through the line port.  Can someone give me some hints on what I need to change?  Thanks.

RonR

Quote from: sequoia2006 on January 09, 2012, 11:58:42 AM
I'm new to this so please bear with me.  I'm trying to set up my new OBi110 to have all my calls to go through SP1 (google voice, primary line) and only 911 calls to go through the line port.  Can someone give me some hints on what I need to change?  Thanks.

911 calls always use the LINE Port by default.

To set up Google Voice on SP1 and use it as your primary line, you can use the OBiTALK Web Portal or set up the OBi manually (which will give you more control and more accurate status):

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> ITSP Provisioning -> Method : Disabled
System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> OBiTALK Provisioning -> Method : Disabled

Google Voice on SP1:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> Name : Google Voice
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> SignalingProtocol : Google Voice
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> AuthUserName : (Google Voice username)
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> AuthPassword : (Google Voice password)
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_SkipCallScreening : (checked)
Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine : SP1 Service

sequoia2006

Quote from: RonR on January 09, 2012, 12:43:02 PM
Quote from: sequoia2006 on January 09, 2012, 11:58:42 AM

911 calls always use the LINE Port by default.

To set up Google Voice on SP1 and use it as your primary line, you can use the OBiTALK Web Portal or set up the OBi manually (which will give you more control and more accurate status):

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> ITSP Provisioning -> Method : Disabled
System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> OBiTALK Provisioning -> Method : Disabled

Google Voice on SP1:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> Name : Google Voice
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> SignalingProtocol : Google Voice
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> AuthUserName : (Google Voice username)
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> AuthPassword : (Google Voice password)
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_SkipCallScreening : (checked)
Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine : SP1 Service

Thanks Ron,
I did the setup through the web portal and it seemed to work as exptected but I can't test the 911 call.  Do I need to change anything in the DigitMap for the Phone interface or ITSP?

This is my current Phone DigitMap:
([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]|[1-9][0-9]|911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

RonR

You shouldn't need to change anything for 911 calls to be sent to the LINE Port.

I do recommend testing 911.  There's two approaches, the first being the best:

1.  Call your local police or fire non-emergency number and explain that you have a new telephone system and would like to make a test 911 call.  They will usually tell you to go ahead and do so, making it clear when you call 911 to inform the disapatcher there is no emergency.

or

2.  Temporarily change 911 in the PHONE Port DigitMap and OutboundCallRoute to something like 611 (Repair Service) and then dial 611.  If the call goes through as expected, you know it works.  Don't forget to change 611 back to 911 in both the PHONE Port DigitMap and OutboundCallRoute.

sequoia2006

I will do that.  Thanks Ron.

roundaway

Last ATA was a Zoom and it let users configure the dialplan so no **1, **2, etc, was required when using different accounts.  Set it up to recognize if the first digit was a 1 then use SIP and if not use PSTN.  Can the same be set up with Obihai (wife factor and having to dial **1 for Long Distance)?

Line = PSTN with no long distance
SP1 = Google Voice
SP2 = CallCentric for E911 when I eventually ditch the PSTN

Thanks in advance.

RonR

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> OutboundCallRoute:

{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>):li},{911:sp2},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},
{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine = SP1 Service

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> DigitMap : ([2-9]11|[2-9]xxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxxx)

Voice Services -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> DigitMap:

(<**8>([2-9]11|[2-9]xxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx)|1xxxxxxxxxx|011xx.)

911  ->  SP2
    [2-8]11  ->  LINE Port
7/10 digits  ->  LINE Port
   11 digits  ->  SP1 Service
        011+  ->  SP1 Service

roundaway

RonR,

Thanks.  Seems to be transparently working like a regular phone.  Didn't change 911 to sp2, yet.  Still working towards canceling the PSTN. :)

Rick

Quote from: roundaway on January 21, 2012, 06:40:52 PM
RonR,

Thanks.  Seems to be transparently working like a regular phone.  Didn't change 911 to sp2, yet.  Still working towards canceling the PSTN. :)

Make sure you get 911 working BEFORE you cancel your POTS service.

Albert

Dear RonR
I recently purchased a Obi110 for a friend (she is living outside USA). I configured my Google Voice phone number and everything was ok.!!
I need your help for configure it.
1st
Incoming call to Obi's PSTN port have to be transferred to my US cell_phone1, without pause or PIN access just blind transfer to my cellphone
2nd
Call from same US cell_phone1 to my Google Voice phone number have to be blind forward to PSTN line. PIN access have to be required for any others caller
I will appreciated your help.
Thanks
Albert