News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Newbie having trouble setting up SP2 provider

Started by flex25, June 03, 2012, 09:55:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flex25

Hi.  I just got an Obi110.  I chose Callcentric as my primary provider, for SP1, for outgoing and incoming calls, and 911 service.  The Obi setup wizard did not work for Callcentric configuration, but Callcentric's website instructions for the Obi Expert configuration did work fine.  The Obitalk device configuration page shows my SP1 status as "Callcentric Account  Registered."  I am able to receive calls.  I have not gotten an outbound calling plan yet, so have not yet tested outgoing calls.

Now, I am trying to set up SP2 for Google Voice, to use as a secondary incoming and outgoing line.  It will go to google voicemail most of the time, but I want to set it to ring the phone sometimes, and use it as an outgoing line when I want the Google Voice caller ID to go out instead of the Callcentric caller ID.  I am having trouble setting up SP2 using the Obi setup wizard.  In device configuration, I selected edit SP2, entered my gmail username and password, clicked submit, but the Obi did not cycle through--the green lights stayed on without changing.  The Obitalk device configuration shows SP2 status as "Google Voice Account  Service Not Configured."

Since I went into the expert configuration to setup Callcentric for SP1, is there something that's causing Google Voice to not be recognized for SP2, and perhaps recognizing Callcentric as my sole provider?  I know that many users have both Google Voice and a different provider for SP1 and SP2, so I know it's possible to set up.  Please advise for this newbie, who is not terribly computer savy.  Thank you.

pc44

Hi flex25,

You are correct in that it is possible to have both Callcentric and Google Voice setup on the OBI.

When you said you entered your gmail username, did you enter the full email address including @gmail.com, or did you only enter the username.  http://www.obihai.com/tutorial22.html

Also, were you the steps you followed the same as the ones found here?  Configuring GV on your OBI

Additionally, are you using the latest/current firmware?  This can be checked by picking up the phone connected to your OBI and pressing ***6.

Keep us posted! :)
pc44

flex25

Hi PC44.  
QuoteWhen you said you entered your gmail username, did you enter the full email address including @gmail.com, or did you only enter the username.  http://www.obihai.com/tutorial22.html
Yes, I entered my full gmail address, including @gmail.com, and the password for that gmail account.  Last week I set up a gmail account with google voice to configure for SP2, and that's the one I'm trying to use.  It is a different gmail account than the one I use for Callcentric.  (As a test, I tried configuring with the gmail account I use for Callcentric, and that one failed also.)

QuoteAlso, were you the steps you followed the same as the ones found here?  Configuring GV on your OBI
Yes, they were.

QuoteAdditionally, are you using the latest/current firmware?  This can be checked by picking up the phone connected to your OBI and pressing ***6.
I dialed ***6 and the message was, "software update not available."

Today, I tried the steps in Section 7. B. of this:
http://voxilla.com/2011/01/24/how-to-use-google-voice-and-obi-for-all-your-calls-free/
I logged into the Obi, made sure that the two auto provisioning medthods were still disabled (they were, I disabled them when I set up Callcentric), and followed the 5 steps outlined, rebooting after each page update.  Now, the SP2 status is:

Register Failed: 403 Incorrect Authentication

and the SP2 status on the Obitalk Device Configutation Page is:

Please advise further. Thank you.

MichiganTelephone

Quote from: flex25 on June 04, 2012, 08:03:09 PMNow, the SP2 status is:

Register Failed: 403 Incorrect Authentication (server=204.11.192.31:5060; retry in 11s)

and the SP2 status on the Obitalk Device Configutation Page is:

Please advise further. Thank you.

Did you by any chance change your password?  In any case, try re-entering it in the configuration.  Remember that the OBiTALK portal does NOT store your GV password, so if you get this type of message re-entering your password in the service provider configuration on the portal and re-submitting should be the first thing you try.  The portal only sends your password to your OBi and then discards it, so if your OBi and GV ever get "out of sync" with regard to passwords, re-entering and re-submitting the GV password is the only thing that will fix it.
Inactive, no longer posting or responding to messages.  Goodbye and good luck.  Some of my old Obihai-related blog posts have been moved to http://tech.iprock.com - note this in NOT my blog; I have simply given the owner permission to repost some of my old stuff.

flex25

Hi MichiganTelephone.  I read your blog when I was researching equipment, and it was very informative, and helped me decide to get the Obi.

I tried to resend the GV username and password in the portal, per your instructions, and it failed again.  So, I did a factory reset, and used the wizard to redo my configurations, per Obi's instructions.

I did the factory reset by calling ***8, pressing 1 to confirm.  Then, from the Obitalk page, I added the device.  It re-registered the device, but kept my original device name and call providers, and showing both providers not registered/connected.  I then configured using the wizard, and decided to start with Google Voice in SP2 first, since the wizard is designed for GV.  It worked, first try, showing status "connected."  Then, I used the wizard for Callcentric on SP1, and it worked, first try, showing status "registered."  I tried test calls in and out with GV, and in with Callcentric (I haven't set up outbound calling with Callcentric yet).  All worked!  Big yaaaaay!

I think my problem stems from having gone back and forth from the wizard, to the expert configuration when I was first trying to set it up.  I must have put in something incorrect, and it was never cleared out until I did the factory reset.  I'm glad that I try the expert configuration though, because it did initially work for me to configure SP1, and gave me confidence that I can use it again in the future if needed (and understand this forum better).

Thank you both for your help.

maddawg

Damn sure missing the RonR guy, there is almost no support now and not anyone answering questions.  Anyhow, did you try login into your obi110, voicesservices>sp2>, check these 3 options X_ServProvProfile,X_RingProfile,
X_CodecProfile.  They should be pointed to B.