News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Another Google Voice problem

Started by carl, June 13, 2012, 06:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carl

As of today, all my calls to my GV numbers go to the voice mail after one ring  >:(
My Localphone and Callcentric numbers seem to work . Anyone having the same problem or knowing the solution?

Integraoligist

I dont have an OBi yet, but I do have GV forwarding to a couple of phones and they have been working fine.  Someone screw with your GV forwarding settings?

carl

I do not think so. After 30 minutes testing, here is the situation:
Both my GV accounts are set up to ring the Obi phone plus my 2 cell phones(T-mobile and Verizon). My GV 2 account, which I barely use, wo9rks fine.
Now, my main GV account lets the call go into the voice mail whenever my Verizon phone is off ( very often because I use it as a back up in areas with not so good t mobile coverage.)
I can " solve" the problem by either leaving the Verizon phone on all the time which I do not want to or cancel the forwarding to the Verizon phone. But that makes the GV forwarding entirely useless, the beauty of the whole thing was that I could pick up the any phone plus anyone could reach me in areas without t mobile coverage without giving them my Verizon prepaid number. Dammit.
Obviously, this is not a OBi problem.

pc44

Hi Carl,

Sorry to hear about your frustrations here. :(  I can understand a bit of it, because I ran into the same problem with another cell phone provider a while back.

Anyways, just to confirm, when you said,
Quote from: carl on June 13, 2012, 06:22:37 PMAs of today, all my calls to my GV numbers go to the voice mail after one ring  >:(

Can you confirm which voicemail the call is going to?  Is it going to your Google Voice voicemail?  Or, is it going straight to the Verizon voicemail?

Wondering,
pc44

carl

It is going into the Verizon voice mail. The strange thig is, it does not happen with the other GV account with the same settings.

pc44

Then, Verizon must be the culprit here, or so I am thinking.  When your phone is off, Verizon is sending the calls straight to voicemail.  I don't know what options Verizon offers, if any, but your best route might be to call Verizon and ask them if they can disable voicemail or see what other options they have for when your phone is off.  That way the calls should keep ringing until Google's voicemail picks up.  That's the only way I can think of resolving the Verizon voicemail issue.

pc44

carl

The question here would be, why it only happens on one GV account and not on the other. ???

Had2

I'm having problem as well with GV just stated to happen no call come in or out, when to the website try making call out is saying failed because of a network problem at 6:24 PM. Please try again.
Thank you! (Error ID: 82a2fd6dabe5f298)

carl

Yeah, it looks like the slow death of " free" , if the problems with GV   continue I will end up sooner or later with "paid' VOIP providers only. ::)

jimates

Quote from: carl on June 13, 2012, 08:25:29 PM
It is going into the Verizon voice mail. The strange thig is, it does not happen with the other GV account with the same settings.
are both GV accounts forwarding to the same 2 cell phones, or is one forwarding to the verizon phone and the other forwarding to the t-mobile phone?

Usually when a cell phone is off, or not receiving a signal, the carrier sends the calls directly to it's voicemail. But different carriers may have different options.
ie: I know with At&t you can change the length of ring time before a call goes to voicemail, but only if the phone is receiving the call. Not if the phone is off or no service.

If you set conditional call forwarding, using the GV settings, you can then choose this setting for your phone. It might help when the phone is turned off, not sure.
When someone calls this phone directly and I don't pick up
Ring my other phones before going to voicemail

carl

jimmates : Both GV numbers had the exactly same settings. Had, because I had to disable the forwarding to the Verizon phone on my GV1 account. My GV1 and GV2 have different area codes, if this is of any significance.