News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

International Calling Card using obi100

Started by anmol.aggie, October 05, 2013, 05:47:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anmol.aggie

Hello,

I am a new user of obi100. I used obi100 with Google Voice.

I am seeing a strange problem with obi100. I use a calling card to call internationally. The calling card provides toll free as well as toll access numbers. When I use the toll access US numbers to use the calling card, the call initially connects to the calling card server, but then drops within a few seconds after I enter the international number. Surprisingly, obi100 works flawlessly with the toll free number. Now I would be fine with using toll free number, but the calls made with toll free numbers are 3 times more expensive.

Could any experts out here help me resolve the call drop issue I experience with the toll access numbers?

Thanks.

carl

I do not think that this has anything to do with Obi and everything with your calling card provider.
BTW there are so many excellent VOIP providers providing rock bottom international rates ( Localphone, Callwithus, etc) that i do not see any reason to use calling cards at all.

anmol.aggie

The problem has to do everything with obi100. When I use my cell phone or other landline phones to make a call using toll access number, I don't experience any problem. The problem only arises with obi100 device. My calling card website says that the their servers are compatible with VOIP.

I need a solution to fix this problem. Thanks for giving me suggestions about VOIP providers, but I get the best call quality with my calling card.

anmol.aggie

As an additional info that may help - My calling card's websites states

"Reliance Global Call service is technology agnostic and supports VOIP. VOIP service provider has to ensure that the call lands on Reliance network and that the end device communicates (with Reliance) on DTMF."

Shale

Quote from: anmol.aggie on October 06, 2013, 10:08:32 AM
The problem has to do everything with obi100. When I use my cell phone or other landline phones to make a call using toll access number, I don't experience any problem. The problem only arises with obi100 device. My calling card website says that the their servers are compatible with VOIP.

I think your logic is flawed. You don't seem to consider that it is GV that is doing something different. You seem to assume the OBi is doing something different when calling the 800 number than when it calls the other number.

azrobert

You can call your Calling Card from Gmail. If it fails then it's a GV problem and not OBi.

carl

Many VOIP providers have calling Card services. I use Localphone and Callcentric calling card from my cell phone.