News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can Obi202's Voice Prioritization be Copied to Obi110?

Started by memman, May 11, 2013, 06:33:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

memman

I love my Obi110, but there's just one problem with it. When I have heavy Internet traffic, voice quality degrades noticeably . I have not found any way to configure the QOS rules in my DD-WRT router to give the Obi 110 the proper voice prioritization. 

WIth the Obi202 now available, I could replace my OB 110. However,  I am stuck trying to figure out how to use my existing DD-WRT router in conjunction with the Obi202 so that I don't have to make large scale changes to my current router or existing network topology. I have seen it suggested in this forum (but not seemingly verified) that the Obi202 could be connected directly to the cable modem in bridge mode, thus allowing the current router to continue its operations as is.

My other thought is:  can the voice prioritisation rules that are built into the Obi202 be migrated to the OB 110, or are those capabilities hardwired into the 202?

giqcass

The QOS settings on the 202 require the 202 to be between the modem and router.  Even if you could transfer the settings a 110 or 100 lack the ports to connect in that manner.  Do some more digging.  I have never heard of a dd-wrt router that can't do QOS.
Long live our new ObiLords!

memman

Thanks for the reply.  Note that I did not say that DD-WRT could not be configured with QOS rules.  I said that I have not found the way to create rules that give the Obi110 the proper voice prioritization.  This forum is rife with postings asking if anyone knows how to do a proper QOS configuration.

Ostracus

Ultimately RTP traffic is the one you want to give priority to since that's in essence the heart of one's call.