News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi110 takes a loooooong time to answer a call

Started by andbel, June 23, 2012, 10:54:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andbel

This started happening 4 or 5 days ago and from the messages posted in thjs forum it looks like it's happening to other people, too.

I use OBi110 with GV, and GV is setup to forward calls to both OBi and my cell phone. Everything used to work perfectly for the last several months, but recently a problem has developed: when someone calls my GV number, and I pick up the phone attached to OBi, the connection is not established right away, the caller still hears the ringing going on, for 10 or 20 seconds. I keep saying "hello", not hearing anything back. Then finally the connection gets established and I can talk to the caller, as usual. This does not happen if I pickup my cell phone (remember, GV is ringing it, too), with the cell phone the connection is established right away, as it always did before. This is clearly a problem with OBi and it's going on for 4 or 5 days now.

I hope the OBi folks are looking into this and the fix is in the works?

Stewart

Quote from: andbel on June 23, 2012, 10:54:34 AMI hope the OBi folks are looking into this and the fix is in the works?

They are, but in the meantime, if you simply reboot modem, router and OBi (in that order), it will probably work fine until the new firmware becomes available.

andbel

Thank you for the suggestion! I've rebooted the modem, router, and OBi, and now it seem like it's answering much faster. Thanks again!