News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Network status indicator in Obitalk

Started by hodag, June 16, 2012, 06:22:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hodag

OK, I finally got everything set up and working perfectly - - - I think.

What does it mean when the status indicator in Obitalk is not green?  I have two indicators, one for the Obi and one for my softphone, and the softphone seems to be green all the time but the Obi indicator is green much of the time but sometimes it is orange.  When it goes orange does that mean that my Obi202 is not functioning or just that it is not talking to the Obitalk server at that moment?  If I go into the Expert interface I can see most menus but not system status or the last 10 calls.

My only concern is whether my lines are down or not.  So long as people can call my phone and it will ring through to my handset, I don't much care about temporary glitches polling the Obi servers.  Can I rely on the two green line indicators lights on the top of the Obi as an indication that all is well?  I worry because I am about to port an important line from Vonage to VOIP.MS!

GregoryZ

I've seen this happen twice now in the past couple of days. 

OBiTalk shows I'm offline, but I still have service.

I'm not going to worry about it.  As long I am able to make and receive calls, then I'm good with it.

My recomendation would be to go ahead and make the port.  I'm confident that the service will be there.

Best of Luck!
OBi100, OBi110, OBi200, OBi202