News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How can I bridge an incoming call from SP1 to SP2?? (before or after pickup)

Started by Catzan, September 29, 2012, 11:54:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Catzan

Hi,

We've had an Obi110 for about a year, but I'd now like to try bridging or forwarding and am getting confused in the documentation.

If I have an incoming call on the number associated with SP1 (609-XXX-XXXX), can I bridge or forward that call to SP2?

Does that have to be done before pickup?

How can I bridge or forward a call after pickup such that only the service associated with SP2 would incur the costs of the call?

Much obliged for all the help.

Catzan

Setup is as follows:

SP1 is a Callcentric number with pay per minute rates.  [Our existing home phone number that everyone calls.]

SP2 is a Callcentric number with unlimited calling (i.e. a new phone number - a Callcentric "Dirt Cheap DID").

For incoming calls, I can forward calls from to SP1 to SP2 using either the Obi110 or Callcentric forwarding.

Can this kind of forwarding be done without incurring per minute rates using Obi forwarding?

For outbound calls, I'd like to call out with caller ID showing our existing home phone number (number from SP1), but using the Callcentric unlimited calling line from on SP2.  Is that possible?

ProfTech

There is some confusion about your post. The "Dirt cheap" numbers refer to incoming calls only. As far as I know you would not be able to place an outgoing call on SP2 without signing up for one of their outbound packages. So all of your outbound calls should already have the caller ID that you want, using SP1 on the Obi.

As far incoming calls go, you might be able to ["semi"] permanently have Callcentric forward all calls to your "real" number to your dirt cheap number but they might still charge you the per minute charge for the connection. I'm not sure. To get everything set up right I think you need to drop the dirt cheap number and simply pay the $5.95 per month for unlimited incoming calls on SP1. If you would like to save some money on your monthly charges, you could switch to their new 1000 minute plan for outbound and get everything for $15.90.

*Edited*
Correction on the incoming calls: See this note from Callcentrics web page "Each forwarded call has two legs. An incoming and an outgoing leg. For the incoming leg you would be billed according to the incoming serviceyou receive the calls under."

This means they will definitely bill you for the call to your regular home number, even if it is forwarded to your dirt cheap number.