News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

GoogleTalk Chats never reaching me

Started by SBeckner80, June 20, 2012, 04:17:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SBeckner80

Okay, so here's the issue: 

I am a heavy user of google talk/chat/im.  When I am not logged into chat, the OBi keeps me logged in as yellow and it says as my status "voice only".  When I receive messages to my googletalk/chat, they immediately are archived in the chat folder, and I never know if someone sent me a text unless I specifically go into chats and review for any chats since I was last logged in.

Giant PiTA, because if I have a chat session already open and I lose connectivity or log out for a bit, the person on the other end has no idea that I wont get any messages during this time. 

I've searched the forums and all I can find is that I'm screwed.  Am I missing something?  Any ideas?

Stewart

What functionality do you need?  For example, why can't you have a completely separate GV account for your OBi?  Or, why can't you have the GV number associated with your chat/IM ring your phone by some other means, e.g. forward to a free Callcentric number on your OBi?

pc44

Hi SBeckner80,

If a texting/sms client would suffice, you might try GVNotifier.  I don't believe it will do the chat instant messenging that you mentioned, but it does handle live texting very well in my experience.  If someone texts me, I know immediately via a pop-up window.  I then have the opportunity to respond to the text directly.

pc44