News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

help! Can't dial out or receive (OBI110 and Google voice) all of a sudden

Started by WillShoot, June 21, 2012, 08:53:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WillShoot

After many days of searching and researching, and reading this forum, I finally gave up (or give in).

I NEED YOUR HELP!

I've been using Google voice and OBItalk for about 6 months. All worked great except once or twice, I got the dreaded "No service available" but all it took was unplug the power for a few min and replug in, all started working again.

Now that has stopped working for me.

I logged in OBItalk, and saw my device is OFFLINE. I called ***1 and got the IP address but can't seem to log in. I really don't want to reset to factory if I can avoid it (not sure how actually... is there a pin?). But the thing is, when it's offline, I can't change anything (google password for example, which I changed recently but that's after OBI110 stopped working). The drop down is blank. And I can't add the device because it's already added.

Now another interesting thing: I logged on Google voice, and try to "Call" with "google talk". It displayed "connect" for a while and then just dropped, as if timed out, while the number I called never rang. BUT, if I try to call under Gmail's call phone, it worked flawlessly. By the way, I do have zero credit/balance on the account, but apparently that didn't make a difference since all I call is domestic/within US.

Any suggestions? I am PC/telecom savvy... bad enough to setup routers, bridges, access points a few times. If I can manage it, I wouldn't come in and beg for handouts...

Or maybe I am losing my grip

Thanks guys...

???

JohnBowler

Most likely the connection from the OBi110 WAN port to your local system is broken.

John Bowler <jbowler@acm.org>

pc44

Hi WillShoot,

When attempting to log in to the OBI router via its IP address, have you tried the factory default username and password of admin/admin (admin for both username and password)?  Regarding the zero credit/balance, I wouldn't worry about that at all.  I believe you are correct in that it does not make a difference with strictly domestic US calling.

In a worst case scenario, yes, there should be a factory reset option located on the OBI.  See RonR's instructions for the OBI110 here: How to Perform a Factory Reset.

The Obi may be defective, but let's hope for the best!  Try configuring the device directly via IP after resetting the unit and then see if you can get back up and running.

Hope you are successful,
pc44