News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How to set up Future Nine using ObiTalk?

Started by DMacKenzie, June 27, 2012, 11:45:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DMacKenzie

I need to know how to configure Future Nine on an Obi110 using the Obitalk portal.

The only instructions for setting up Future Nine on an Obi110 I can find say they are incompatible with configuring the device through the Obitalk web site:
http://www.obihai.com/itspConfiguration/itspConfiguration-futurenine.html

That is unacceptable for me as I have my Obi110 configured through Obitalk already for Google Voice and my land line. And that form overwrites SP1, which I already have configured for Google Voice. I want to put Future Nine on SP2.

I tried to plug the values from the above web page into the Obitalk portal as a Generic Service Provider, but something's wrong. The Obi110's status reports for SP2:
   Register Failed: 404 Not found (server=64.251.23.244:5060; retry in 16s)
How can I figure out what's wrong?

Stewart

A 404 on register sounds like the username or domain is incorrect.  Log into your F9 account and go to Sip Info.  Make sure that the username you have entered in the portal matches the eight-digit number shown on the F9 site.  Similarly, use the secret (password) shown on the F9 site, even if you have changed your login password on the F9 site.

If you had already done the above or it doesn't help, log into the OBi directly and confirm that the settings have correctly been sent to your OBi.

DMacKenzie

Thank you, Stewart! I had an account number and a login number from Future Nine and it looks like I had used the wrong one.

scoobydeux

Anyone know why I keep getting constant:
Register Failed: 401 Unauthorized (server=64.251.23.244:5060; retry in 12s)
I've doublechecked/triplechecked the username and pw.  This is what I have done in the OBI:
==================================

Login to your Obi, and go to Service Providers > ITSP Profile A > SIP, and set:
ProxyServer: incoming.future-nine.com
RegistrarServer: incoming.future-nine.com
UserAgentDomain: sip.future-nine.com

Then go to Service Providers > ITSP Profile > General, and set:
Name: your name (or any name)
Digit Map:
(*xx.|911|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

Then go to Voice Services > SP Service, and set:
X_KeepAliveEnable: yes
X_KeepAliveExpires: 60
AuthUserName: see username in the SIP INFO screen
AuthPassword: see secret field in the SIP INFO screen
==================================

Any assistance would be most helpful...

B.