News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

obi 110, SIP, cisco IP phone

Started by delis7, December 23, 2012, 11:13:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

delis7

i hope this is the correct forum.

what i currently have setup is an obi110 with my google voice account ringing to a regular phone, nothing fancy.  i followed the directions on obitalk site and was up and running in a few minutes.

now that i have it working with a regular phone, i'd like to try to get it working with an IP phone (cisco 7970).

i found this site:

https://simonics.com/gvgw/

that will allow me to create a SIP connection with my google voice account, but i am not sure how to enter that into the obi110 we gui as a SIP line.

getting it work work on the cisco phone is going to .....

-possibly not work
-require help from another forum

but regardless, i need to know the proper way to setup a SIP line in the obi110.

thanks.

N7AS

The Cisco 7970 uses the Cisco Unified Communications Manager 7.0. I don't think you can enter any SIP credentials into the phone. You might be better off using a Linksys SPA series phone. Another choice would be a Yealink IP Phone such as a SIP-T28P. This is the one I have, but have not as yet connected it to any of my OBi devices.
Grant N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ
https://www.n7as.com

A journeyman electrician sent his apprentice with a 5-gallon bucket and was told to put the ends of the service drop in the bucket and fill it with volts. He was there all day.

ianobi

As a general rule, most simple SIP devices (maybe not the Cisco 7970) can be a client of an OBi device. This includes other OBi devices, other ATAs, softphones and SIP phones. The following conditions need to be in place:
1. The device needs to be able to call without registration.
2. The host OBi needs a spare sp service set up as SIP.
3. The device and the host OBi need to be in the same subnet behind the same router.

Actually number 3 is not really true, but does make things a lot easier!

delis7

Quote from: N7AS on December 23, 2012, 01:36:43 PM
The Cisco 7970 uses the Cisco Unified Communications Manager 7.0. I don't think you can enter any SIP credentials into the phone. You might be better off using a Linksys SPA series phone. Another choice would be a Yealink IP Phone such as a SIP-T28P. This is the one I have, but have not as yet connected it to any of my OBi devices.

correct on the CUCM, but you can use other solutions to get the phone working.  for example, asterisk or freepbx to name a few.  that is my next step, but i never did think about connecting it directly off of the obi.

thanks.

delis7

Quote from: ianobi on December 24, 2012, 02:08:51 AM
As a general rule, most simple SIP devices (maybe not the Cisco 7970) can be a client of an OBi device. This includes other OBi devices, other ATAs, softphones and SIP phones. The following conditions need to be in place:
1. The device needs to be able to call without registration.
2. The host OBi needs a spare sp service set up as SIP.
3. The device and the host OBi need to be in the same subnet behind the same router.

Actually number 3 is not really true, but does make things a lot easier!

i am good on 3 and since i am only using GV on the obi, now, i can get rid of it or i can use sp2, so i should be good on 2.

thanks

ianobi

I don't know enough about the Cisco 7970 to advise you on that particular SIP phone. If you would like to set up your OBi ready and try it out using a free softphone from your PC, then I advise the following:

Softphone: Use PhonerLite – it's free, easy to configure, good debugging – a useful test tool. Set it to call without registration; proxy/registrar set to OBi sp2 address and UserAgentPort (for example 192.168.1.10:5061). Give yourself an easy User Name, maybe an eight digit number. Set Network > Local Port to a value that will not clash with other devices, say 5470.

OBi110 settings for sp2:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> SIP -> ProxyServer : 127.0.0.1
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> SIP -> X_SpoofCallerID : checked

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> Enable : (checked)
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> AuthUserName : (any letters or numbers)
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_RegisterEnable : (unchecked)
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_ServProvProfile : B
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_UserAgentPort : 5061
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> CallerIDName : Whatever
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> MaxSessions : 4

Call from PhonerLite to OBi > anything@192.168.1.10.5061
Call from OBi to Phonerlite > sp2(anything@192.168.1.13:5470)
(Put this in a OBi Speed Dial. It assumes that the PC is at 192.168.1.13)

There's lots more to be said about Digitmaps and InboundCallRoutes etc to fork calls coming into OBi to the softphone and giving the softphone access to the OBi Auto Attendant and direct outgoing calls.

If you get this setup working and sort the DigitMaps, InboundCallRoutes etc to work how you wish, then you just have to make you SIP phone act the same as your softphone  :)