News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Issue with Motorola DECT 6.0 phone

Started by boss99, June 28, 2012, 10:37:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boss99

First and foremost, I hope I'm posting in the right forum.  I searched for this topic and I don't know the right terminology, so the terms I used didn't provide any results.

Anyhoo, I have an Obi110 with CallCentric and I think it's great.  Except for what I think may be an issue with my cordless phone, but I'm not sure how to diagnose this other than throwing money at it.

Most of the time (like 60-80% of the time my phone rings) when I receive a call, my corded phones ring just fine and the caller ID is accurate.  I also have a Motorola DECT 6.0 cordless phone which will ring at first but then it'll make a high pitched squeal and the phones appear to reboot.  Is there anything I can do to remedy this issue?  When I had phone service through Comcast they worked fine.  I'd just like to avoid spending money on new cordless phones if I don't have to.  Any and all advice/help/suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Stewart

I have not heard of this problem before; these are just guesses:

1. There may be a quirk in the caller ID format that is triggering a bug in the phone's firmware.  As a test, temporarily turn off Phone Port -> CallerIDEnable and report whether that stops the reboot.

2. There may be an electrical incompatibility with the OBi's ringing signal.  For the Phone Port, try setting RingFrequency to 25, RingVoltage to 80, or RingWaveform to Trapezoidal.  Do these one at a time, backing out each change before trying the next.